Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Honestly, it may cast a shade on our record, but I think its good for the kids if you are going to make any kind of run in the playoffs....   

100% agree. You grow from tough losses more than easy wins. I applaud programs that challenge themselves versus taking the easy road. Definitely a gauntlet schedule, but I can see y’all being right there in each one of them. 

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

100% agree. You grow from tough losses more than easy wins. I applaud programs that challenge themselves versus taking the easy road. Definitely a gauntlet schedule, but I can see y’all being right there in each one of them. 

TC your a pretty knowledgeable guy and I respect your opinion. How do you see region 6-4A and 7-4A shaking out?  Who do you think will be the top 4 in each??

13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

TC your a pretty knowledgeable guy and I respect your opinion. How do you see region 6-4A and 7-4A shaking out?  Who do you think will be the top 4 in each??

6-4A in my opinion 

Lexington, Hardin County, South Side, McNairy Central. I hope I’m wrong on this one. But I think with Mclaine running the ball, that Lexington will be at the top. Hardin should be good but be starting new QB and RB. May take time to get the O clicking. Think SS will have more athletes on the field than McNairy. 

7/4A stout 

i don’t know enough about who lost what and what they have to step to fill the voids left by there senior leaders. But if I went off last year which you can’t do, because every year everyone team is different. Haywood has struggled with SG. SG has struggled with Milan. So based on that I would have to say Milan, SG, Haywood and I would stick Crockett in the 4th position. That probably seems disrespectful to Haywood. They’ve been the best in the west in 4-A along with Springfield for a while. But I think they could just as well be the number one team in this region. That’s how close I think this region will be. Please nobody take offense I got respect for all these teams. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

6-4A in my opinion 

Lexington, Hardin County, South Side, McNairy Central. I hope I’m wrong on this one. But I think with Mclaine running the ball, that Lexington will be at the top. Hardin should be good but be starting new QB and RB. May take time to get the O clicking. Think SS will have more athletes on the field than McNairy. 

7/4A stout 

i don’t know enough about who lost what and what they have to step to fill the voids left by there senior leaders. But if I went off last year which you can’t do, because every year everyone team is different. Haywood has struggled with SG. SG has struggled with Milan. So based on that I would have to say Milan, SG, Haywood and I would stick Crockett in the 4th position. That probably seems disrespectful to Haywood. They’ve been the best in the west in 4-A along with Springfield for a while. But I think they could just as well be the number one team in this region. That’s how close I think this region will be. Please nobody take offense I got respect for all these teams. 

I don’t think that is disrespectful at all in regards to 7-4A. Sounds logical. I would put it Haywood, Milan, South Gibson and Crockett with North Side having a chance at 4th. I just believe that Haywood has proven themselves when it matters most in the layoffs the last several years and has made it to the semis or finals the last 5 years. Plus they bring back probably the best lineman in the region in Cameron Douglas and Jaylen Lewis is a stud. Milan is going to be very good and brings back a lot. But I just can’t put them over Haywood until it’s proven when it counts. I can see a scenario where the top 3 all beat each other and there is a 3 way tie in the region. In that case overall record would come into play and south gibsons tough schedule could bite them. 

in region 6-4A I think the top two will definitely be Lexington and Hardin Co. you two will have the best two players in the region in McClaine and Pope. But even though those will be the best two players the teams still have question marks. Lexington was senior heavy in the trenches so will the blocking be as good for McClaine as it was last year. And as you mentioned who will throw the ball to Pope?  Big questions but I still like you two at the top. 

42 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t think that is disrespectful at all in regards to 7-4A. Sounds logical. I would put it Haywood, Milan, South Gibson and Crockett with North Side having a chance at 4th. I just believe that Haywood has proven themselves when it matters most in the layoffs the last several years and has made it to the semis or finals the last 5 years. Plus they bring back probably the best lineman in the region in Cameron Douglas and Jaylen Lewis is a stud. Milan is going to be very good and brings back a lot. But I just can’t put them over Haywood until it’s proven when it counts. I can see a scenario where the top 3 all beat each other and there is a 3 way tie in the region. In that case overall record would come into play and south gibsons tough schedule could bite them. 

in region 6-4A I think the top two will definitely be Lexington and Hardin Co. you two will have the best two players in the region in McClaine and Pope. But even though those will be the best two players the teams still have question marks. Lexington was senior heavy in the trenches so will the blocking be as good for McClaine as it was last year. And as you mentioned who will throw the ball to Pope?  Big questions but I still like you two at the top. 

Also think these 7-4A matchups could be determined by where there played. Home field means a lot in big games. But your rite with Haywood being battle tested and always reload. Think top 3 could be in any order and wouldn’t surprise me a bit. I’m ready for football already!

I went in and dig a little bit deeper about Crockett County and what to expect from them in 2021. I didn't watch their varsity team play on Friday nights, but I did watch their freshman team play, and they weren't impressive. 

I believe I said this earlier in the forum, but I couldn't recall. But, we all know Crockett County from the days where they went 10-0 in the 2000's (at least I do remember), but that doesn't always equal to team success in the present. In addition, just because a team doesn't "lose a lot" of players, doesn't mean what they have returning is a good product.

Crockett County beat Ripley 10-0 in September, but lost to the Tigers by 15 in November. So, did the Tigers improve drastically, or what? I may have to take a look at this, but Crockett could be the only team in West Tennessee that didn't score 30+ points in a single game last year. 

Crockett's best win came to Fayette Ware in the playoffs by 3. I'm very doubtful on the future of Fayette-Ware football, but the Wildcats defeated Chester County, Bolivar, Scotts Hill, and a bunch of Freshman's in a Millington. Those four teams combined to have a record of, 9-32.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

47 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I went in and dig a little bit deeper about Crockett County and what to expect from them in 2021. I didn't watch their varsity team play on Friday nights, but I did watch their freshman team play, and they weren't impressive. 

I believe I said this earlier in the forum, but I couldn't recall. But, we all know Crockett County from the days where they went 10-0 in the 2000's (at least I do remember), but that doesn't always equal to team success in the present. In addition, just because a team doesn't "lose a lot" of players, doesn't mean what they have returning is a good product.

Crockett County beat Ripley 10-0 in September, but lost to the Tigers by 15 in November. So, did the Tigers improve drastically, or what? I may have to take a look at this, but Crockett could be the only team in West Tennessee that didn't score 30+ points in a single game last year. 

Crockett's best win came to Fayette Ware in the playoffs by 3. I'm very doubtful on the future of Fayette-Ware football, but the Wildcats defeated Chester County, Bolivar, Scotts Hill, and a bunch of Freshman's in a Millington. Those four teams combined to have a record of, 9-32.

What you say makes a lot of sense.