Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

29 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I don't know much about MidTennFootball, but it appears he might be a fan of Oakland and other Rutherford Co. schools.

I'm not sure if you were implying that Haywood should contact Oakland, but it appears that Oakland has games scheduled for those two dates (Hendersonville and Madison Ridgeland Academy, MS). 

I can't speak for Coach Smith, but I would say that Haywood would not want any more of the Patriots at this time.  Haywood played Oakland in 2015 and 2016 losing those two games 49-6 and 52-6.

I do know that over the past few months Haywood has posted its open dates in the games wanted section of the TSSAA and TNFCA websites.  Coach Smith may have filled the schedule, but I haven't seen any announcement about it.

It was a thought. I know they are hard up for games too. But I get it. I don’t think anyone wants a piece of Oakland right now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

I don't know much about MidTennFootball, but it appears he might be a fan of Oakland and other Rutherford Co. schools.

I'm not sure if you were implying that Haywood should contact Oakland, but it appears that Oakland has games scheduled for those two dates (Hendersonville and Madison Ridgeland Academy, MS). 

I can't speak for Coach Smith, but I would say that Haywood would not want any more of the Patriots at this time.  Haywood played Oakland in 2015 and 2016 losing those two games 49-6 and 52-6.

I do know that over the past few months Haywood has posted its open dates in the games wanted section of the TSSAA and TNFCA websites.  Coach Smith may have filled the schedule, but I haven't seen any announcement about it.

Nope, that's the other MidTenn. I'm a Williamson County sports supporter, but I know people in West TN and sometimes pay attention to what is going on over there. 

8 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Nope, that's the other MidTenn. I'm a Williamson County sports supporter, but I know people in West TN and sometimes pay attention to what is going on over there. 

I'm confused.  I thought BPM and I were referring to someone whose user name is MidTennFootball.  I apologize for the confusion. 

14 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If I’m not mistaken, I thought Haywood was supposed to play East or Melrose in week 1? I could be wrong

After further research, it doesn't look like Haywood will play East at all.  East is scheduled to play Fairley and Arlington in weeks one and two.

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=327&seasonid=374&sportid=1

Go Tomcats!

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Haywood opens week one at home against Class 6A Cordova. That gives the Tomcats a loaded 10 game schedule.

Thanks for posting that.  I'm not sure why all the secrecy about it, but I'm glad I flushed the info out of somebody.  Lol

So, it looks like the schedule is as follows:

08/20    Cordova  
08/27    open
09/03    at Crockett Co.*
09/10    at Lexington
09/17    Milan*
09/24    Melrose
10/01    Jackson North Side*
10/07    Lake Co.
10/15    at South Gibson*
10/22    Covington
10/29    at Obion Co. Central*

*Region 7-4A

Edited by stacmot

1 minute ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I believe they replaced ECS. And I also don't believe it was being kept a secret since it probably just happened. You never know who or what you will get with the SCS teams, but I'm confident Haywood will be ready!

Not that it has to be, but it's all cool with me.  I'm just glad we found a game, and I'm glad it's with a team that Coach Smith has some familiarity with.  I hope we'll be ready. We should be.