Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

I no longer have any inside connections with the Tomcats, but I know we have some good players returning, and I'm hearing some good things about the rookies.  Glad to hear the Cats are focused.  They'll definitely have to be focused to compete in this region. 

I'm going to remove Cordova from the schedule that I posted last night based on Cordova's schedule on Coach T and on the TNFCA website.  There's no indication of a game between the Wolves and the Cats on those two sites.  I guess we need to wait until something official is announced.

08/20    open 
08/27    open
09/03    at Crockett Co.*
09/10    at Lexington
09/17    Milan*
09/24    Melrose
10/01    Jackson North Side*
10/07    Lake Co.
10/15    at South Gibson*
10/22    Covington
10/29    at Obion Co. Central*

*Region 7-4A

Keep posting.  We need some more Haywood fans getting active on this thread.  Once a Tomcat, always a Tomcat!

LOL - I believe I have a pretty good source on the Cordova game, so I'll keep my neck stuck out there. 

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

LOL - I believe I have a pretty good source on the Cordova game, so I'll keep my neck stuck out there. 

I trust you.  In other posts you've made, you seem to be friends with Coach Smith, so I would say you have a pretty good source.  I just hate putting that out there while Cordova is still posting something else.  Keep posting! Like I said in another post, we need more Haywood fans to get active on this thread. 

Edited by stacmot

16 hours ago, stacmot said:

I no longer have any inside connections with the Tomcats, but I know we have some good players returning, and I'm hearing some good things about the rookies.  Glad to hear the Cats are focused.  They'll definitely have to be focused to compete in this region. 

I'm going to remove Cordova from the schedule that I posted last night based on Cordova's schedule on Coach T and on the TNFCA website.  There's no indication of a game between the Wolves and the Cats on those two sites.  I guess we need to wait until something official is announced.

08/20    open 
08/27    open
09/03    at Crockett Co.*
09/10    at Lexington
09/17    Milan*
09/24    Melrose
10/01    Jackson North Side*
10/07    Lake Co.
10/15    at South Gibson*
10/22    Covington
10/29    at Obion Co. Central*

*Region 7-4A

Keep posting.  We need some more Haywood fans getting active on this thread.  Once a Tomcat, always a Tomcat!

I will ask coach Smith today about the open dates.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, stacmot said:

Coach Decker was an assistant coach at Dyersburg for eight years prior to becoming the head coach at Obion Central, and he was the defensive coordinator at the time he left the Trojans.  I have no idea about Coach Decker's future plans.

I’m hearing that Decker is going back to Dyersburg in some capacity.  Not sure what his role is gonna be.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stacmot said:

I don't actually know Coach Decker, but I think that would be a great opportunity for him.  I wish him the best.

Coach Decker is a super good guy. Very passionate about his kids and his craft. He is an ultimate competitor and even better person. Obion is just a tuff gig and will be for anyone.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, Dash said:

I’m hearing that Decker is going back to Dyersburg in some capacity.  Not sure what his role is gonna be.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:20 AM, Dash said:

Coach Decker is a super good guy. Very passionate about his kids and his craft. He is an ultimate competitor and even better person. Obion is just a tuff gig and will be for anyone.

I see in the State Gazette that Coach Decker will be an assistant coach at Dyersburg next year. Sounds like a win-win situation for both Coach Decker and the Dyersburg Trojans.

https://covingtonleader.com/sports/covington-charger-football-lift-a-thon-raises-record-11300/

Most of the 7-4A teams are familiar with the 7-3A Covington Chargers.  Both Haywood and North Side will tangle with the Chargers this season.

To my knowledge Haywood's football program doesn't have any type of fundraiser like a lift-a-thon, but it sounds like a good idea.  It surely brought in some money for the Chargers.  

What type of fundraisers (if any) do other 7-4A schools do?  I know a lot of schools do the discount cards, but that's a cheerleader thing at Haywood.

Edited by stacmot

7 hours ago, stacmot said:

https://covingtonleader.com/sports/covington-charger-football-lift-a-thon-raises-record-11300/

Most of the 7-4A teams are familiar with the 7-3A Covington Chargers.  Both Haywood and North Side will tangle with the Chargers this season.

To my knowledge Haywood's football program doesn't have any type of fundraiser like a lift-a-thon, but it sounds like a good idea.  It surely brought in some money for the Chargers.  

What type of fundraisers (if any) do other 7-4A schools do?  I know a lot of schools do the discount cards, but that's a cheerleader thing at Haywood.

Milan has done a a lift-a-thon in the past.  They always have an annual chicken half sale and strawberries. I’m pretty sure they do discount cards too.