Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Overall, South Gibson looks to have a pretty brutal schedule.  Here's a list of some of the stronger teams (region and non-region) the Hornets will play:

Lexington - a 2020 Class 4A state semifinalist, the Tigers finished the 2020 season 12-2
Milan - a 2020 Class 3A state finalist, the Bulldogs finished the 2020 season 12-2
Kirby - unable to compete last year, but finished 8-3 in 2019
North Side - a 6-3 team that was eliminated in the first round of the state 4A playoffs
Henry Co. - a 2020 Class 5A semifinalist, the Patriots finished the 2020 season 10-3
Haywood - a 2020 Class 4A state finalist, the Tomcats finished the 2020 season 10-4
Lausanne - a 2020 Division II-AA state quarterfinalist (The Lynx were unable to play the quarterfinal game due to Covid restrictions), Lausanne finished the 2020 season 8-2
Crockett Co. - a 5-7 team that was eliminated in the 2nd round of the state 4A playoffs (Crockett Co. is disciplined, well-coached, and they always play you tough.)

Edited by stacmot

20 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Thank you very much! Games like that one sure make it a lot of fun. I also get the best seat in the house. Seabass often jokes with me " that I must be living right! You get to call great games all the time. I get 1 or 2 a year " 

Man of Millions, you know you're doing a great job when fans from Haywood and Milan sing your praises.  With South Gibson's 2021 schedule, you will be calling a lot of great games (more than 1 or 2) this year!

Edited by stacmot

11 hours ago, stacmot said:

Overall, South Gibson looks to have a pretty brutal schedule.  Here's a list of some of the stronger teams (region and non-region) the Hornets will play:

Lexington - a 2020 Class 4A state semifinalist, the Tigers finished the 2020 season 12-2
Milan - a 2020 Class 3A state finalist, the Bulldogs finished the 2020 season 12-2
Kirby - unable to compete last year, but finished 8-3 in 2019
North Side - a 6-3 team that was eliminated in the first round of the state 4A playoffs
Henry Co. - a 2020 Class 5A semifinalist, the Patriots finished the 2020 season 10-3
Haywood - a 2020 Class 4A state finalist, the Tomcats finished the 2020 season 10-4
Lausanne - a 2020 Division II-AA state quarterfinalist (The Lynx were unable to play the quarterfinal game due to Covid restrictions), Lausanne finished the 2020 season 8-2
Crockett Co. - a 5-7 team that was eliminated in the 2nd round of the state 4A playoffs (Crockett Co. is disciplined, well-coached, and they always play you tough.)

Nothing but respect for the guy that out that schedule together. Definitely takes some stones. 

On 3/13/2021 at 8:20 AM, stacmot said:

Man of Millions, you know you're doing a great job when fans from Haywood and Milan sing your praises.  With South Gibson's 2021 schedule, you will be calling a lot of great games (more than 1 or 2) this year!

HA! Good point. I didn't think of it in that regard. I do however, sincerely appreciate the kind words. With that being said, I still hate the color purple! J/K. 

9 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

HA! Good point. I didn't think of it in that regard. I do however, sincerely appreciate the kind words. With that being said, I still hate the color purple! J/K. 

You're welcome!

Porphyrophobia maybe?  Lol

Edited by stacmot

Honestly, I had look up the definition to that word, but yes I guess you could say it was that fancy word you described as hating the color purple!!!! 

I sure do love coachT sometimes! 

Good stuff! 

Also, after looking it up I am not sure that I know how to pronounce it correctly. I will remind you, that I am public school educated! Proud graduate of NSHS class of 03! 

Porphyrophobia is definitely not a word that I knew off the top of my head.  However, I do know there are phobias for almost everything, so I thought I would google "the fear of purple" and whoomp, there it was!

You're a North Side Indian; there's nothing wrong with that!  I remember when North Side used to have a very good, loud  band.  When they started to play that Indian war chant music, it sent chills down my spine! I love all the atmosphere associated with high school and college football.

I received my education in Haywood County and at UTM.  I'll just say I graduated a long time ago.  I'm old...too old to be trying to keep up with the younger generation on Coach T.

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

Porphyrophobia is definitely not a word that I knew off the top of my head.  However, I do know there are phobias for almost everything, so I thought I would google "the fear of purple" and whoomp, there it was!

You're a North Side Indian; there's nothing wrong with that!  I remember when North Side used to have a very good, loud  band.  When they started to play that Indian war chant music, it sent chills down my spine! I love all the atmosphere associated with high school and college football.

I received my education in Haywood County and at UTM.  I'll just say I graduated a long time ago.  I'm old...too old to be trying to keep up with the younger generation on Coach T.

Wrong! Your one of the best on here. I enjoy the information you post. Good stuff, keep it coming.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, stacmot said:

Good stuff!

I remember as a very young man hearing that same war chant! All of the students would get together, and the fans would join in. High school football, is the purest form of football there is. I have heard that for years, never understood what was being said. Now, that I have aged a little, it really is. Fall, really is for football!