2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

9 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Ahhh. You will have a good idea. Any players left? Any showed up? Ect 
I will call my ole buddy in Meigs and see how they are looking and report back.

I was not able to watch any spring ball, so I'm not sure if we have any new players, offensively we should be ok, defensively we have to replace the front 7. It will be an interesting season for the jackets, I feel as if we are a lock top 10 and on the fringe of top 5 but that's just my opinion. 

18 hours ago, Yeti said:

We've already had our scrimmage, we looked pretty good.

Same report I got from my Meigs buddy. He Said Meigs returns 15 starters. They been working hard in the weight-room and have gotten faster as a team! 
 Players of note were Wr hickalbee,  Rb/lb Pendergrass, RB/DE Key, Qb/Safety Falls.  Couple of young linemen with great potential are working hard. It’s a critical 2-3 months for them to get stronger and faster.

The coaching staff at Meigs and support from community and system are second to none.  They are on the same page. Look for Meigs to make some major noise this year!  

4 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Same report I got from my Meigs buddy. He Said Meigs returns 15 starters. They been working hard in the weight-room and have gotten faster as a team! 
 Players of note were Wr hickalbee,  Rb/lb Pendergrass, RB/DE Key, Qb/Safety Falls.  Couple of young linemen with great potential are working hard. It’s a critical 2-3 months for them to get stronger and faster.

The coaching staff at Meigs and support from community and system are second to none.  They are on the same page. Look for Meigs to make some major noise this year!  

Those kids you mentioned have alot of games under their helmets for Varsity. The biggest standout from last year to this year in the scrimmage was TY Kraskous. He will be a Sophomore RB for Meigs this coming season. I thought for the new guys he performed the best. Has alot of potential and reminded me of a young Will Meadows. Huckabey is one of the best wr I have seen play at Meigs. It wouldn't surprise me if a smaller school doesn't snatch him up under scholarship. Falls played great offensively and defensively. You would not have known he was a backup qb in the game, he played extremely well.. Keys has lost some weight already and plans to shed a few more pounds. He will be very disruptive on defense. Pendergrass is one of our best overall athletes. With him and Smith as LB our run defense should be top notch this coming season. Our qb Logan Carroll had a pretty good game, He dropped a few well timed passes to some recievers and ran for probably 100 yards in just a few plays. He's already some faster than he was when he took the field last. #26 Shaver was a standout as a reciever in the game. With him and Huckabey in those roles we could easily pass alot more this coming season if we went that route. We should without effort be able to spread out some defenses this coming season. Alot of new kids that had a good game. You could easily tell this team hates losing as they were 100% from start to finish in the scrimmage.