New 2021 State Rankings

HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, SayWhat said:

Would have never been that if he didn't imply a black young student athlete was dumb or didnt attend classes..I used to work in the school system...I know a lot of the faculty at Houston...he attends classes like anyone else there. Don't imply a student athlete especially in this climate as a dumb jock basically and it doesn't reach me calling UC a slick bigot because his statement to me reflected that....very simple..he went low so since we playing how low can you go..I call it how I see it...

Predictably you show your ignorance and your real motive here.  You think you can make it about race and play the victim roll and get by with it. Individuals like you are what is wrong with the world we now live in. You sir are the racist here and it’s plain to see for all of us. That might work on TV but it doesn’t work here. I’ve coached young men from all backgrounds and different races and they would all tell you there’s not a racist bone in my body. I’ve stood shoulder to shoulder with my fellow Marines and none of us were a different color just a lighter or darker shade of green.  You wouldn’t know anything about that now would you?  No place on these boards for individuals with agendas like yours. 

11 hours ago, tradertwo said:

First, thank you for the nod supporting my "usual" character... I genuinely appreciate it. Next, I understand UC's point, which is only that in most years, someplace in Memphis, most of the upper level talent shows up at the same location and that is suspect. I interpreted his mention of Lawson attending (or not) class as simply his overhyping the only reason for transferring to Houston was to play there, not for academic reasons... also not connected to race nor intelligence. I could be wrong about that, but I never assume the worst from others unless stated or plainly implied. What was unsettling to me about SayWhat's post, was that he bridged the gap between what I first thought UC intended into accusing him of racism. Since that post, a lot of words have been thrown around that weren't said or even implied by UCSportsFan, and I strongly believe that's where most of the divisiveness in this country begins. I don't condone inflammatory statements regarding any kind of discrimination (much less racism), and that's why I didn't receive the response well that took it up a level.  My only intent was to do what I stated... keep the discussion about what it was about, and not flame bait hatred on a high school message board.

What he said didn't need to be implied. He needs to say what he means. I didn't read race into it either but what he said was wrong. He goes on and on year after year about this stuff and that comment went over the line. 

Then he continues to follow it up with more trash. Memphis is Memphis. It has been this way for a while. The TSSAA doesn't like Memphis because the gate money is horrible for them. Some schools bring people but rarely. I've seen game in Murfreesboro where a Memphis school had 10< fans. 

If you were a kid in Memphis or Nashville right now and had a potential shot at a scholarship and didn't have the opportunity to play your senior season in HS would you transfer? The only reason Lawson is at Houston is because SCS isn't playing. Otherwise he would be at Wooddale. Many kids moved from SCS to play other places. Amarr Knox is at Bartlett from Central he just signed with Memphis. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

What he said didn't need to be implied. He needs to say what he means. I didn't read race into it either but what he said was wrong. He goes on and on year after year about this stuff and that comment went over the line. 

Then he continues to follow it up with more trash. Memphis is Memphis. It has been this way for a while. The TSSAA doesn't like Memphis because the gate money is horrible for them. Some schools bring people but rarely. I've seen game in Murfreesboro where a Memphis school had 10< fans. 

If you were a kid in Memphis or Nashville right now and had a potential shot at a scholarship and didn't have the opportunity to play your senior season in HS would you transfer? The only reason Lawson is at Houston is because SCS isn't playing. Otherwise he would be at Wooddale. Many kids moved from SCS to play other places. Amarr Knox is at Bartlett from Central he just signed with Memphis. 

All facts! 

1 hour ago, warmachine7954 said:

In retrospect I believe I was wrong to imply this young man didn’t attend class. There’s no place for that kind of rhetoric about a high school kid no matter what. My sincere apologies. 

• Like 1

Keep that same energy UC...no need for a fake apology....you mentioned spin earlier, I'm trying to spin it to make it about race but you see, if you didn't give me the wheel to spin, it wouldn't have happened. You started this dumb ish...you never should have said what you said that and miss me with the shoulder to shoulder stuff...that's the same as saying I can't be a bigot, I have 3 blk friends. There is no retrospect, you meant what you said, keep that same energy....you have something with him but failed to mention the 4 transfers at Bartlett or didn't you know that? One a U of M commit now who wouldn't have played this year had he not transferred to Bartlett. heck, he wouldn't have gotten that offer if not for leaving Central High School. Kids want to play their senior year, who doesn't? I feel for the ones who didn't get a chance to play, they missed the summer to play AAU and 90 percent of the seniors in the city playing ball didn't get a chance to play this year. I wanted to see all the kids play, I'm not like you UC, I don't wanna see kids fail or have their season thrown away or talk about kids like dogs on a message board. I don't wish bad on any kids from any area of the state or period. So again, no need to apologize, you said what you said, stand on that, in retrospect...

37 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Keep that same energy UC...no need for a fake apology....you mentioned spin earlier, I'm trying to spin it to make it about race but you see, if you didn't give me the wheel to spin, it wouldn't have happened. You started this dumb ish...you never should have said what you said that and miss me with the shoulder to shoulder stuff...that's the same as saying I can't be a bigot, I have 3 blk friends. There is no retrospect, you meant what you said, keep that same energy....you have something with him but failed to mention the 4 transfers at Bartlett or didn't you know that? One a U of M commit now who wouldn't have played this year had he not transferred to Bartlett. heck, he wouldn't have gotten that offer if not for leaving Central High School. Kids want to play their senior year, who doesn't? I feel for the ones who didn't get a chance to play, they missed the summer to play AAU and 90 percent of the seniors in the city playing ball didn't get a chance to play this year. I wanted to see all the kids play, I'm not like you UC, I don't wanna see kids fail or have their season thrown away or talk about kids like dogs on a message board. I don't wish bad on any kids from any area of the state or period. So again, no need to apologize, you said what you said, stand on that, in retrospect...

I apologized for the in school comment. It wasn’t meant for you.  We all know what your agenda is. 

1 hour ago, SayWhat said:

Commit to U of M that is at Bartlett is just a junior

HawkGuy, he know exactly who I'm talking about....I'm very well versed on Memphis, I know Amar is a junior. My point was without playing this year, he doesn't get that offer from Memphis and he doesn't commit there. Maybe I shouldn't have said seniors want to play, they all want to play, 9th-12th and I feel bad for all of them but for the seniors, the ones who needed looks, it was really important to them and they didn't get that chance.

1 minute ago, SayWhat said:

HawkGuy, he know exactly who I'm talking about....I'm very well versed on Memphis, I know Amar is a junior. My point was without playing this year, he doesn't get that offer from Memphis and he doesn't commit there. Maybe I shouldn't have said seniors want to play, they all want to play, 9th-12th and I feel bad for all of them but for the seniors, the ones who needed looks, it was really important to them and they didn't get that chance.

Oh I see! Yea I hate it for the seniors 

3 hours ago, SayWhat said:

That’s your Democratic Mayors doing no one else’s. The air that these kids are breathing in middle Tennessee and in East Tennessee is no different than the air they are breathing in Memphis so the Democrats down there shut down the city and the schools without regards to the children and their well being. it’s all about politics it cannot be about science it cannot be about anything else because the rest of the state is playing. If I was y’all I would vote him out as soon as possible!  

Edited by UCSportsFan

I told you, the more you talk here, the more you reveal yourself...what do democrats have to do with the SCIAA not playing? Dr.Ray shut down the SCIAA ability to play. If it was the democratic mayor, no one would be playing basketball in Memphis but there several teams playing, just not the SCIAA. That has nothing to do with the city mayor here. That decision was made by Dr.Joris Ray, the Superintendent 

• Like 1