New 2021 State Rankings

HawkGuy06

2 hours ago, SayWhat said:

TSSAA approved..Im not the one whining lol..that would be you..so who the joke here?  Spin? That's the normal I didn't do anything routine lol..oh..UC..TSSAA approved lol

I’m not whining I’m just stating facts. Houston High School is this years  Memphis East. And if the NCAA investigates Lawson like they did Wiseman then Houston could be in trouble. They might even find out that they violated the rules just like Memphis East did when Penny Hardaway was there. That is a proven fact.  East should be stripped of its titles. But does anyone really think T$$AA is going to do that? Not a chance now if that was some middle Tennessee County school well they would be banned for 10 years but because it’s Memphis, nothing is said. So at the end of the day what are you really teaching the kids?

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’m not whining I’m just stating facts. Houston County is this years  Memphis East. And if the NCAA investigates Lawson like they did Wiseman then Houston County could be in trouble. They might even find out that they violated the rules just like Memphis East did when Penny Hardaway was there. That is a proven fact.  East should be stripped of its titles. But does anyone really think T$$AA is going to do that? Not a chance now if that was some middle Tennessee County school well they would be banned for 10 years but because it’s Memphis, nothing is said. So at the end of the day what are you really teaching the kids?

Is it actually Houston County, or just Houston High School, which I think is in Germantown, TN. Am I right? Thanks for the info about East. Didn’t know all that, but doesn’t surprise me in the least, sadly.

Edited by SweetScience

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

They’ve been reported. Just like Penny and Memphis East were reported. Does anyone think T)$AA will do anything about it? Not a chance. It took NCAA looking into it for the violations to come to light.  

This insert is from sports illustrated you might’ve heard of that magazine before?

The violation in question occurred when Wiseman was in high school and living in Nashville. Hardaway, then an AAU and high school coach, paid $11,500 to help the family’s relocation to Memphis. Wiseman enrolled at Memphis East High School, where he was coached by Hardaway.

Look for something similar next year at Houston High School 

Any further questions? 

Yes, I have further questions.

1. What does this have to do with Houston this year and all the proof you have?

2. Wasn't this the NCAA and not the TSSAA?

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’m not whining I’m just stating facts. Houston High School is this years  Memphis East. And if the NCAA investigates Lawson like they did Wiseman then Houston could be in trouble. They might even find out that they violated the rules just like Memphis East did when Penny Hardaway was there. That is a proven fact.  East should be stripped of its titles. But does anyone really think T$$AA is going to do that? Not a chance now if that was some middle Tennessee County school well they would be banned for 10 years but because it’s Memphis, nothing is said. So at the end of the day what are you really teaching the kids?

You really do live in a world of assumption don't you?

4 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Yes, I have further questions.

1. What does this have to do with Houston this year and all the proof you have?

2. Wasn't this the NCAA and not the TSSAA?

As I stated Houston has been turned in but T$$AA will never look into the allegations seriously because it’s Memphis. Players the caliber of Lawson and these other recruits don’t magically show up at Houston High School without recruiting and behind the scenes deals being done just like Wiseman. If I remember correctly all the people from Memphis said the move was legal then even though the rest of us knew better. So it took the NCAA getting involved to find out the truth. I expect the same will be the case in this latest episode of AAU coaches being involved in Memphis High School athletics. This asst. coach is using his leverage as an AAU coach to get these kids to move in and play. Like I said as long as it’s LEGAL and by the same RULES the rest of us have to abide by I’ve got no problem with it. However we all know that’s not the case. I’ve coached basketball in this state for a long time and I’ve coached in and  been around the AAU circuit for 25 years, I know what’s up and so do you. 

Your turn :  Is Lawson and these other recruits at Houston High School if Memphis is allowed to play basketball this year?

10 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

This post is out of character for you. 

@UCSportsFan was out of line with his accusation of Lawson not showing up for class. He has absolutely zero idea about Houston High School other than what he sees people post here. His post was uncalled for and unfounded. No matter what @SayWhat implies from his posts it give UCSportsFan no justification to make the claims that he made.

You taking up for him and his obvious inflammatory statements but telling SayWhat  how he should read a statement is a problem.

First, thank you for the nod supporting my "usual" character... I genuinely appreciate it. Next, I understand UC's point, which is only that in most years, someplace in Memphis, most of the upper level talent shows up at the same location and that is suspect. I interpreted his mention of Lawson attending (or not) class as simply his overhyping the only reason for transferring to Houston was to play there, not for academic reasons... also not connected to race nor intelligence. I could be wrong about that, but I never assume the worst from others unless stated or plainly implied. What was unsettling to me about SayWhat's post, was that he bridged the gap between what I first thought UC intended into accusing him of racism. Since that post, a lot of words have been thrown around that weren't said or even implied by UCSportsFan, and I strongly believe that's where most of the divisiveness in this country begins. I don't condone inflammatory statements regarding any kind of discrimination (much less racism), and that's why I didn't receive the response well that took it up a level.  My only intent was to do what I stated... keep the discussion about what it was about, and not flame bait hatred on a high school message board.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

First, thank you for the nod supporting my "usual" character... I genuinely appreciate it. Next, I understand UC's point, which is only that in most years, someplace in Memphis, most of the upper level talent shows up at the same location and that is suspect. I interpreted his mention of Lawson attending (or not) class as simply his overhyping the only reason for transferring to Houston was to play there, not for academic reasons... also not connected to race nor intelligence. I could be wrong about that, but I never assume the worst from others unless stated or plainly implied. What was unsettling to me about SayWhat's post, was that he bridged the gap between what I first thought UC intended into accusing him of racism. Since that post, a lot of words have been thrown around that weren't said or even implied by UCSportsFan, and I strongly believe that's where most of the divisiveness in this country begins. I don't condone inflammatory statements regarding any kind of discrimination (much less racism), and that's why I didn't receive the response well that took it up a level.  My only intent was to do what I stated... keep the discussion about what it was about, and not flame bait hatred on a high school message board.

You were and are absolutely correct. Thank you 

Would have never been that if he didn't imply a black young student athlete was dumb or didnt attend classes..I used to work in the school system...I know a lot of the faculty at Houston...he attends classes like anyone else there. Don't imply a student athlete especially in this climate as a dumb jock basically and it doesn't reach me calling UC a slick bigot because his statement to me reflected that....very simple..he went low so since we playing how low can you go..I call it how I see it...