New 2021 State Rankings

HawkGuy06

2 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Not only is there a vast talent difference between Oak Ridge and the west teams Bartlett, Houston, and Arlington with Houston having the edge but the size and physicality of play isn't even comparable.

Houston is the biggest and most talented by far (commits to Oregon, LSU, Creighton)

Arlington probably plays the fastest

Bartlett plays hard and has a very underrated player in Amarr Knox that just signed with Memphis.

Oak Ridge isn't big enough, talented enough, or fast enough to play with Bartlett, Arlington, or Houston.

Basketball is a game of match-ups and I just don't see that as being a problem either. Oak Ridge doesn't match up with any of those teams well.

Upsets can and do happen.

Saying all of that Oak Ridge, Bartlett, Houston, and Arlington all play the same way. They all wanna get out and run and in all of the videos you see some wild shots, bad decisions, and a great lack of good rebounding.

What I don't see from Oak Ridge that is evident with Arlington, Bartlett and Houston is the ability to guard the ball (even though at times they all get lazy) defensive rotations (still much to be desired) and physical play. Even though Houston is ranked higher than everyone they are the softest team between the 3 in the west.

I give the coaching edge to Coach Real at Bartlett over all the other teams too. He knows how to make adjustments and his kids have traditionally been good at listening to him and executing. 

Let the rain fall from all the Oak Ridge people. I get loyalty and tradition but the proof is above in the tape.

Problem is, nobody from OR has said we would beat any of those teams, and I agree that we probably wouldn’t. All I’ve heard said by anyone that is an OR fan is that we would give it our best shot against any one of them if we played, which we would. Not sure what the big fiasco is about. You don’t have to prove to anybody how good those teams are, we’re all well aware from having to play those types of teams in the state tournament for years on end.

Edited by SweetScience

Houston beat Arlington by 20, and was up by as many as 26 last Friday night and beat Bartlett by 14-15 I think but not for sure on the score. Houston has some finesse guys, not super tough but they can really disrupt your offense because they are so long up front and off the bench as well. Lawson and Madlock give them toughness at the guard spot though so they not lacking in the backcourt.  They have a 6'10, 6'8  and a 6'5 off the bench who can all give them minutes, the 6'10 hardly plays but could come into play in the post season. The game I watched, the 6'10 LSU guy didn't play (Arlington game) they say he's hurt and been hurt a few games but he actually to me slowed them down so that might be a bad thing for other teams because they add shooting to their line up in place of him. They just put the 6'7 6'8 guy at the 5 who likes to shoot the 3 in his place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Problem is, nobody from OR has said we would beat any of those teams, and I agree that we probably wouldn’t. All I’ve heard said by anyone that is an OR fan is that we would give it our best shot against any one of them if we played, which we would. Not sure what the big fiasco is about. You don’t have to prove to anybody how good those teams are, we’re all well aware from having to play those types of teams in the state tournament for years on end.

Well said SweetScience! I still don't know how the Bartlett vs VictORy City situation got started. It is cool that Memphis area teams are thinkig about the Cardinal ad Grey. I personally am thinking about Catholic, Clinton, Bearden, Maryville and Farragut. Then I will focus on Upper East Tennesee.

Oh and for goodness sake forget the stuff about " RAIN / TEARS " SweetScience is a Stand Up Guy with a lot of respect from most posters. He don't cry. Me? Okay, I have bee known to go crazy but depression / anxiety are things I deal with every day. 

Say What,

I like the way you stick up for your teams. Nothing I said was meant to be an attack on you. If you ever think of me, remember I WILL NEVER SAY YOU CAN BEAT OAK RIDGE UNTIL YOU DO BEAT OR.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Well said SweetScience! I still don't know how the Bartlett vs VictORy City situation got started. It is cool that Memphis area teams are thinkig about the Cardinal ad Grey. I personally am thinking about Catholic, Clinton, Bearden, Maryville and Farragut. Then I will focus on Upper East Tennesee.

Oh and for goodness sake forget the stuff about " RAIN / TEARS " SweetScience is a Stand Up Guy with a lot of respect from most posters. He don't cry. Me? Okay, I have bee known to go crazy but depression / anxiety are things I deal with every day. 

Say What,

I like the way you stick up for your teams. Nothing I said was meant to be an attack on you. If you ever think of me, remember I WILL NEVER SAY YOU CAN BEAT OAK RIDGE UNTIL YOU DO BEAT OR.

Houston beat Arlington by 20, and was up by as many as 26 last Friday night and beat Bartlett by 14-15 I think but not for sure on the score. Houston has some finesse guys, not super tough but they can really disrupt your offense because they are so long up front and off the bench as well. Lawson and Madlock give them toughness at the guard spot though so they not lacking in the backcourt.  They have a 6'10, 6'8  and a 6'5 off the bench who can all give them minutes, the 6'10 hardly plays but could come into play in the post season. The game I watched, the 6'10 LSU guy didn't play (Arlington game) they say he's hurt and been hurt a few games but he actually to me slowed them down so that might be a bad thing for other teams because they add shooting to their line up in place of him. They just put the 6'7 6'8 guy at the 5 who likes to shoot the 3 in his place.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Say What,

Thank you, Willie. And take heart, you aren’t alone when it comes to anxiety/depression. A lot of folks suffer from it. Nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Not only is there a vast talent difference between Oak Ridge and the west teams Bartlett, Houston, and Arlington with Houston having the edge but the size and physicality of play isn't even comparable.

Houston is the biggest and most talented by far (commits to Oregon, LSU, Creighton)

Arlington probably plays the fastest

Bartlett plays hard and has a very underrated player in Amarr Knox that just signed with Memphis.

Oak Ridge isn't big enough, talented enough, or fast enough to play with Bartlett, Arlington, or Houston.

Basketball is a game of match-ups and I just don't see that as being a problem either. Oak Ridge doesn't match up with any of those teams well.

Upsets can and do happen.

Saying all of that Oak Ridge, Bartlett, Houston, and Arlington all play the same way. They all wanna get out and run and in all of the videos you see some wild shots, bad decisions, and a great lack of good rebounding.

What I don't see from Oak Ridge that is evident with Arlington, Bartlett and Houston is the ability to guard the ball (even though at times they all get lazy) defensive rotations (still much to be desired) and physical play. Even though Houston is ranked higher than everyone they are the softest team between the 3 in the west.

I give the coaching edge to Coach Real at Bartlett over all the other teams too. He knows how to make adjustments and his kids have traditionally been good at listening to him and executing. 

Let the rain fall from all the Oak Ridge people. I get loyalty and tradition but the proof is above in the tape.

HOUSTON IS CHEATING plain and simple.  So if they win it’s a championship that is bought and paid for. Yes they’ve been turned in, does T$$AA care?  No because they can’t police Memphis. I know for a fact this is Lawsons 3rd high school team.  Let me guess, his family is looking for higher education?  There’s no way they should be allowed to play in the state tournament. 

You have an issue with Houston, you should take that up with them or send an email or get in your car, drive to the headquarters and tell...otherwise you just using the restroom in the wind my friend...why can't the TSSAA  police Memphis? You seem to do a good job of that, maybe you should give them some pointers on how to get them thrown out this year. You seem to be the expert on Memphis basketball.

3 hours ago, SayWhat said:

You have an issue with Houston, you should take that up with them or send an email or get in your car, drive to the headquarters and tell...otherwise you just using the restroom in the wind my friend...why can't the TSSAA  police Memphis? You seem to do a good job of that, maybe you should give them some pointers on how to get them thrown out this year. You seem to be the expert on Memphis basketball.

I’ve got an issue with cheating.  Houston is cheating we all know it. That’s the only way y’all can win anything down there. Cheat the system at every turn. Is this Lawsons 3rd 4th or 5th high school team?  Bet he doesn’t even attend class after the state tournament. Let me guess he’s not even attending class in person right?  Just showing up for practice and the games?