New 2021 State Rankings

HawkGuy06

29 minutes ago, Justthistime said:

Arg. You heard...

More just hiding behind quoting someone else...tell us, Hawk, what do you think? Or do you just get to pretend everyone else knows more than you about all things Bolivar? 

Barlett boys cancelled on Bolivar. South Side boys cancelled on Bolivar, North Side, Sacred Heart did too. Why? 

Ask them.

Or... just make something up, that seems to be more your style anyway. 

Lol hiding behind what? I didn’t believe it when they said it! I picked y’all to come from the other side lol

On 1/23/2021 at 8:33 AM, HereComesTheCloser said:

Houston, Arlington, Humboldt, Upperman, anybody ad nauseum: want a home game? SS will come to your place. Or we will play in your parking lot.

To quote Super Mario, "Whoever wants it!"

#HereComesTheCloser

South Side vs Upperman would be two great games!  South Side girls 2nd best team in state behind Upperman girls. Men’s game would be entertaining as well. 

Thats great..respect but again..Bartlett would easily beat Oak Ridge..question...who has Oak Ridge played? Did they lose to Halls?  You gotta play somebody good at sometime...thats why I give edge to Bartlett...played 3 top 30 teams in the country, CBHS(now top 25 unapproved website) and Houston...oh and top 10 team in the state in Arlington. .SOS helps them

3 hours ago, SayWhat said:

Thats great..respect but again..Bartlett would easily beat Oak Ridge..question...who has Oak Ridge played? Did they lose to Halls?  You gotta play somebody good at sometime...thats why I give edge to Bartlett...played 3 top 30 teams in the country, CBHS(now top 25 unapproved website) and Houston...oh and top 10 team in the state in Arlington. .SOS helps them

Frist, I have no idea how Oak Ridge and Bartlett got into a situation. I did not start it and don't know who did. However, I never back down to a challenge against my Wildcats. It is just so much fun to go at it and I don't take it personal. 

SOOOO LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE :roflol:

Oak Ridge has played a District 3-AAA schedule and stand 12 - 0 in District play. They have won the District and will host the District Tournaent. Winning the District also gives Oak Ridge the right to host the Region 2-AAA Tournaent and a place in the Semifinals of that Turnamment.

Overall, Oak Ridge is 18 - 3 with loses that happenned when Oak Ridge was trying to come together after a football run to the State Finals. In my opinion the best win so far was at Cleveland.

NOT AN EXCUSE JUST A FACT ABOUT THE COVED VIRUS....In the early part of the season Oak Ridge was to play in the Wolverine Classic in Middle Tennessee, CANCELED due to the virus.

Next Oak Ridge was to play in the 5 STAR Prep Classic against the better teams in the Knoxville area. CANCELD due to the virus.

To rap up the Holiday part of the schedule, OR was to play in the Nationally Recognized ARBYS CLASSIC. CANCELED due to the virus.

In each of these Holiday Tournaments OR would have faced many talented teams. Can't blame OR for the virus and the effect of the virus on the schedule.

Where did you get te idea OR lost to Halls?  Oak Ridge has beaten Halls twice this season...OR 100  Halls 64....OR 97   Halls  47.

Thats it for me. I will cerainly admit Bartlett has played a rock solid schedule but never say they will beat Oak Ridge until they actually do beat VictORy City.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

I'm going by what is on another site...tell your staff there to holla at that site because the score is wrong there. That's where I got it ...Halls game..Willie I'm not saying your team is bad..Im just saying..in my opinion...Bartlett schedule helps them because they have faced better comp. The 3 top 30 teams..1 is from the area..2 came from out of town to play in a classic. Sounds like you had a decent schedule but nevertheless, you haven't played anyone noteworthy that would be considered maybe even better than Arlington here.

1 hour ago, SayWhat said:

I'm going by what is on another site...tell your staff there to holla at that site because the score is wrong there. That's where I got it ...Halls game..Willie I'm not saying your team is bad..Im just saying..in my opinion...Bartlett schedule helps them because they have faced better comp. The 3 top 30 teams..1 is from the area..2 came from out of town to play in a classic. Sounds like you had a decent schedule but nevertheless, you haven't played anyone noteworthy that would be considered maybe even better than Arlington here.

We were supposed to be in the Arby’s Classic which always has stellar competition, but it was canceled. Not much you can do about that. We play Catholic Saturday. They’re one of the best teams in the state, regardless of classification or area. And what site are you referring to with that score? Just check on here, it’s right there in writing. Both games against Halls were shellackings.

Edited by SweetScience

Not only is there a vast talent difference between Oak Ridge and the west teams Bartlett, Houston, and Arlington with Houston having the edge but the size and physicality of play isn't even comparable.

Houston is the biggest and most talented by far (commits to Oregon, LSU, Creighton)

Arlington probably plays the fastest

Bartlett plays hard and has a very underrated player in Amarr Knox that just signed with Memphis.

Oak Ridge isn't big enough, talented enough, or fast enough to play with Bartlett, Arlington, or Houston.

Basketball is a game of match-ups and I just don't see that as being a problem either. Oak Ridge doesn't match up with any of those teams well.

Upsets can and do happen.

Saying all of that Oak Ridge, Bartlett, Houston, and Arlington all play the same way. They all wanna get out and run and in all of the videos you see some wild shots, bad decisions, and a great lack of good rebounding.

What I don't see from Oak Ridge that is evident with Arlington, Bartlett and Houston is the ability to guard the ball (even though at times they all get lazy) defensive rotations (still much to be desired) and physical play. Even though Houston is ranked higher than everyone they are the softest team between the 3 in the west.

I give the coaching edge to Coach Real at Bartlett over all the other teams too. He knows how to make adjustments and his kids have traditionally been good at listening to him and executing. 

Let the rain fall from all the Oak Ridge people. I get loyalty and tradition but the proof is above in the tape.