Best Assistant Coach

HILTONHEAD2020

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

IMO, when OP asks for assistants who've never been a HC, I take that to mean varsity. Only the most hardcore fans can tell you anything about their jv teams

Trousdale fans are very hard core. We do not have freshmen teams like bigger schools so whoever heads up the Jr high team has to have them ready . Jackson was perfect for the job. He also coached Varsity. 

On 2/18/2021 at 8:43 AM, JohnnyUtah said:

Josh Jones- OC at Powell

Jury is still out but for the time, I'll throw his name in the conversation. Loaded with young recruited talent across the board, but underachieved this year. 

Key word in this post :D. But you got it right, well done sir. To quote another poster on here, he can “croot” em, but can he actually COACH them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The topic is “best” assistant coach. He never said there was no other good assistant coaches in the state. Just in his opinion he thinks Nix is the best. 

True I guess that is fair.  i would bet that most of not all head coaches would claim that they have an assistant that is the "best" due to the work they do.  But never the less I see your point. 

14 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

True I guess that is fair.  i would bet that most of not all head coaches would claim that they have an assistant that is the "best" due to the work they do.  But never the less I see your point. 

Look at his credentials. He has been at Alcoa since 2004.

Look at Alcoa's Record since 2004. Especially what the defense has done in their championship games. After you look at the numbers,  tell me someone with better numbers over 15+ years. That's 15 State Championships since 2004 that he has won. Only blem being the 0-7 loss to CPA in 2014. Even then his system held CPA way under their season average. Last two Championship games against the second best team in classification........62-0. 

Also note,  Coach Brian Nix won two straight state championships before Head Coach Rankin came to Alcoa in 2006. One step farther,  Alcoa's Defensive Coach Gamble should also be mentioned.  He has been Coach Nix right hand man and does an equally great job.

49 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Look at his credentials. He has been at Alcoa since 2004.

Look at Alcoa's Record since 2004. Especially what the defense has done in their championship games. After you look at the numbers,  tell me someone with better numbers over 15+ years. That's 15 State Championships since 2004 that he has won. Only blem being the 0-7 loss to CPA in 2014. Even then his system held CPA way under their season average. Last two Championship games against the second best team in classification........62-0. 

Also note,  Coach Brian Nix won two straight state championships before Head Coach Rankin came to Alcoa in 2006. One step farther,  Alcoa's Defensive Coach Gamble should also be mentioned.  He has been Coach Nix right hand man and does an equally great job.

Can't argue the numbers and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about either man as I have no clue who they even are.  I would argue that they are doing those things with great talent that other teams do not remotely have. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Can't argue the numbers and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about either man as I have no clue who they even are.  I would argue that they are doing those things with great talent that other teams do not remotely have. 

The last sentence hits the nail on the head perfectly.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

The last sentence hits the nail on the head perfectly.

The talent comes from the sucess. Sucess draws talent. Without great coaching you will not have either. What was Alcoa sucess though the 90's? Alcoa had the Hall Community,  the Al Davis's, and many other great talented players, and not one championship thoughtout the 90's. Look at even 2002 and 2003 before Nix? 2002 team went 3-7. Coach Reid and Coach Nix arrive and go win a championship in 2004  That's where and when the freight train was put in motion.  Now, Parents and players that dream to play for a winner will do what it takes to play for Alcoa. Parents that want the best for their kids and think their child has a chance to play in college and to get a scholarship will move to Alcoa. Seen this over and over.  These that come in are not the main key to Alcoa sucess, but help. The Alcoa area has had generation after generation,  some of the best football players to ever come out of Tennessee. The Aluminum Company of America is to be thanked for that.

• Sad 1