Who is top 5 coaches in girls basketball in all classes

Bob38

8 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

My mom will be 59 in April and he was coaching when she played. I would hope he had 800 wins over that span of time. I would hope he would have a lot of wins for as long as he's been doing it. What about the last 6-8 years, he's had some decent teams, good enough to compete.

Agreed.  Haven’t been to state tournament since 1993.  They’ve had several opportunities. Been in region finals several times- won a couple , substate games home and away and lost every time   He can’t make necessary adjustments, can’t relate to his players anymore.  No state appearances in 28 years with lots of talent   He has had teams to get it done Mr Intense but couldn’t get it done 

Like I said he doesn’t belong in the conversation with the people on that list. They have all won multiple titles 

1 hour ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

Lamar Rogers the best all around, other coaches only dream to be up to his level!!!

Really?? David Russell quit HS coaching in 2010 and is assistant at UTM. He won 6 Gold Balls at Bradford, 2 at Gibson County 1 as Head Coach and the other as assistant in back to back years. I wouldn’t swap Wilkins for him right now and he is in the conversation with Rogers. I wouldn’t swap Wilkins for Rogers now and Rogers is a legend. Wilkins coached boys in Missouri for years, then Henry County for a couple of years and then Gibson County. I wished Gibson County had had him in the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s. He took over Gibson County in 2013 when they split the school into two schools and has done what he has done. He won a Silver Ball in 2016, was 1 possession away from knocking off State Champion Greenfield in 2018, Gold Ball in 2019, was last four standing in 2020 when Covid Police hit, has taken a bunch of freshman, sophomores and juniors to a 1 loss season this year and a number 1  AP ranking with no seniors. Wilkins respects Rogers as I do, but 1 thing he ain’t doing he ain’t dreaming to be as good as Lamar. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Best coaching job of the last 10 years was Wilkins GC state championship 2 years ago. Rarely in tournament play did they have the most talent. But had 5 players bought in to a system and doing their job.  Straight up out worked the other team.  

You know your a good coach when you lose 7-8 quality players in consecutive years and still be in the upper eschalon of the state. 

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Basketball is won playing aggressive for 4 quarters, paying attention to detail with the fundamentals of the game, holding players accountable and disciplining them, conditioning your players and making them stronger and quicker, having good scouting reports and having good game plans with diversity and having a great feeder program. Hit them in the mouth for four quarters.

Amen, this right here.  Its the way cland is coached and Unicoi in jr. high.  My girls felt like they'd been in a car wreck after playing Unicoi.  That is a very physical jr high team.  We like to press for 4 quarters and cause chaos.  Constant instensity

25 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Amen, this right here.  Its the way cland is coached and Unicoi in jr. high.  My girls felt like they'd been in a car wreck after playing Unicoi.  That is a very physical jr high team.  We like to press for 4 quarters and cause chaos.  Constant instensity

Only way to coach, IMO. You play slow you lose, IMO and it gives defenses an advantage. Hard to create space playing slow.

Edited by pioneer42