Who is top 5 coaches in girls basketball in all classes

Bob38

2 hours ago, FBGIRL said:

I'm old school basketball,  if you're talking girls bb you have to talk about Shelbyville and Rick Insell. 12 State Championships

Rick Insell would be at the top of my list !  Built a basketball war machine and it hasn't been the same since he left.

2 hours ago, baldeagle22 said:

Not sure why nobody is mentioning Ted Haley the assistant at North Greene. They have been to 2 state tournaments since he has been helping there the past 4 years. And from what I hear the players love playing for him, he knows how to get the most out of his players every game. 

Most definitely agree. Great coach who loves the game of basketball.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 11:51 PM, baldeagle22 said:

Beth Frye formally at Chuckey Doak, who is now assisting at Walter State, had several deep runs into the region and a few sub state appearances but could never quite get over the hump. 

Absolutely! I love Frye’s coaching style, would DEFINITELY consider giving her a chance if you know of any open spots.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:21 AM, baldeagle22 said:

Think it’s about time to add NG girls coach James Buchanan to the mix. He took a group of girls who weren’t nearly as talented and beat the #1 team this year. He is also approaching his 400th victory. And has 5 state tournament trips under his belt. 

Very good coach, probably coach the best I have seen in this area in a long time. He makes up for for the lack of talent with his knowledge for the game and his experience.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 1:21 AM, baldeagle22 said:

Think it’s about time to add NG girls coach James Buchanan to the mix. He took a group of girls who weren’t nearly as talented and beat the #1 team this year. He is also approaching his 400th victory. And has 5 state tournament trips under his belt. 

I agree eagle, I think coach Buchanan does a great job with the NG program. I think they have the talent and will put the work in this offseason to contend for the class A State Championship next season.

I’m going to have to say it again.  Jason Reuter at Bradley is pretty impressive. We were 123-10 during our most recent 4 years at Bradley.  Never lost a district game, never lost a district tournament game,  never lost a region tournament game, went to the state tournament (4) years in a row, and won a state championship. 

There are a lot of good coaches in this state,  but I wouldn’t trade Reuter for any of them.  

16 minutes ago, 99SportsFan said:

I agree eagle, I think coach Buchanan does a great job with the NG program. I think they have the talent and will put the work in this offseason to contend for the class A State Championship next season.

Yes they definitely have the talent, hopefully he will coach this team the right way. 
-The Eagle has landed

Edited by baldeagle22

Not so long ago, the combination of Jill Prudden and Lynn Burkey had Oak Ridge competing for a place in the National Top 25 rankings and winning 3 Gold Balls and 6 Silver Balls. Not bad when you think of the AAA teams the had to play against. All those Shelbyvile teams, Jolly's White County program, Gallatin, Lawrence County, Coffee County and even Cumberland County had a great coach that produced wonderful game plans.

The current Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat  team has an excell3nt coach. Paige Redmon was an All American at Bradley Central and then played 4 years at Vanderbilt. Now Paige Taylor is owning District 3-AAA, consistently fighting for the top of Redion 2-AAA, very successful at the National recognized Greene County Ladies Tournament, and sending players off to College to play basketball and further their Education.