Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

On 5/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, maddams said:

The Summertown job will be interesting. I’ve heard the same names that @Jaychapman mentioned earlier. The obvious hire is Jeremy Jean. I believe he lives in the area and was successful at Forrest. But he was the obvious hire three years ago and they passed on him.

Jordyn Hartsfield is back in the area, was a great player and has been an assistant at big program. She doesn’t have a lot of head coaching experience and her husband coaches football at Mt Pleasant, which could be awkward as they’re in Summertown’s district now.

Wendi Scott would be a home run hire. She has a history of success and adding her daughter to Summertown’s roster would make them really good.  Not sure I see it happening as I was told her daughter is really happy at Lawrence County.

Another name I have heard is Krystal Edney, coach at Perry County. She had a couple state tournament runs a few years back.

There will likely be several more applicants. Summertown’s girls don’t know anything other than winning. I suspect that continues with whoever they bring in.

did you say the Hartsfield lady would be a good coach at summertown?  I witnessed some blackman games against our old district while and as I’m an FC gal through and through i would not want her I noticed the male assistant does more 

my grand who plays travel ball in Nashville said her coaches told her it as going to be the old blackman coach that takes Summertown job but I’m not sure who she is referring to.

20 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

He just accepted job at Riverdale. Did he change his mind? Source?

He probably found out that the $30,000 raise he was getting wasn’t that good when he found out he was having to spend $250,000 more on a house equivalent to the one he has now and that is if he won the bidding war.