Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

56 minutes ago, WestTNroundball said:

I’m hearing that Dyersburg will be hiring Coach Strayhorn who is one of the county middle school’s boys and girls coach. I know he was an assistant at Dyer County for awhile under McCord, I bet McCord will be mad about that especially if they are in the same district and competing for the same kids.

This is rumors. I heard it’s someone under radar. Strayhorn has a full time job somewhere would be surprised if dyersburg offered it to someone who isn’t on school ground with the players throughout the day. 

2 hours ago, WestTNroundball said:

I’m hearing that Dyersburg will be hiring Coach Strayhorn who is one of the county middle school’s boys and girls coach. I know he was an assistant at Dyer County for awhile under McCord, I bet McCord will be mad about that especially if they are in the same district and competing for the same kids.

I would be very very very surprised if this happened. He isn’t liked at Dyersburg ever since he left to go to Dyer Co. He left helping with Dyersburg on bad blood

6 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

Never a good look when you accept a job and then quit it a week later.

Not the best way to get where you're going, but I think USJ is a better atmosphere for Joel, Ashley, and their offspring. USJ hit it out of the park with this hire... one of the very few resolutions that would advance the program.

8 hours ago, WestTNroundball said:

Strayhorn will not be at Dyersburg. He was offered the middle school team before Ayers took it over and he didn’t want it then. He said it was not the fit for him then and those girls are now in high school so why would it be fit for him now? Not happening. 

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not the best way to get where you're going, but I think USJ is a better atmosphere for Joel, Ashley, and their offspring. USJ hit it out of the park with this hire... one of the very few resolutions that would advance the program.

I agree 100%. Ayers is a worker and his girl is a big time player from what I hear. USJ with a home run, IMO, 

13 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

I would be very very very surprised if this happened. He isn’t liked at Dyersburg ever since he left to go to Dyer Co. He left helping with Dyersburg on bad blood

Not liked ? Not true. Dyersburg has tried hire him every time one of their coaches leaves for a spot in the program. This time could be different if it is for the head coach job. 

2 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

Not liked ? Not true. Dyersburg has tried hire him every time one of their coaches leaves for a spot in the program. This time could be different if it is for the head coach job. 

Then why would he be all involved in Dyersburg basketball for years and then up and go to rival and highly disliked Dyer Co if everything was all good and peachy? It’s no secret Dyersburg and Dyer Co don’t like each other. It’s like becoming a trader to go from one to the other. From the people I have talked to that are very involved in Dyersburg sports and have been for years, he isn’t very liked there anymore

11 hours ago, ballmom21 said:

Strayhorn will not be at Dyersburg. He was offered the middle school team before Ayers took it over and he didn’t want it then. He said it was not the fit for him then and those girls are now in high school so why would it be fit for him now? Not happening.