Arlington v. Dyer County Postgame

GrumpyBulldog

1 hour ago, Onetownguy said:

decision from judge will come sometime tomorrow afternoon

You’re only punishing their possible opponents. It’s obvious the coaches son and players had “something “ to do with the assault. That should be grounds enough to punish the school and team. Sorry for those not associated (and on the team) but the others caused this  action. If it’s allowed for “fans” and possibly players to attack opposing teams/coaches, then no one will ever feel safe at at TSSAA event. I don’t care what might’ve been said or not, there was a better way to show their displeasure. Violence begets violence. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rammerjammer2 said:

You’re only punishing their possible opponents. It’s obvious the coaches son and players had “something “ to do with the assault. That should be grounds enough to punish the school and team. Sorry for those not associated (and on the team) but the others caused this  action. If it’s allowed for “fans” and possibly players to attack opposing teams/coaches, then no one will ever feel safe at at TSSAA event. I don’t care what might’ve been said or not, there was a better way to show their displeasure. Violence begets violence. 

agreed. i’ve been seeing articles of parents and arlington residents saying it’s all bs and the team shouldn’t be punished because they “had nothing to do with it” and that’s total bs. did they assault the guy? maybe not...but the coach telling her son to basically run...and him being taken from the scene before the police could get there by girls on the team...that tells me they were indeed involved and should be punished. i really hope the judge does the right thing and upholds the ban...i also think there should be punishment for the coach. a MINIMUM suspension and fine...if nothing else than for “aiding and abetting” by instructing her son, who just assaulted an opposing coach, to leave...and instructing her players to help him get away. They absolutely deserve the punishment TSSAA handed down. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, District12AA said:

Typical Memphis stuff where a judge bails them out for not following the rules. 

What people don’t realize is these lawsuits cost money and it is hurting the TSSAA and the member schools. As much as I dog the TSSAA, they are in the right in this one and the James Wiseman case.

Arlington is not Memphis.

6 hours ago, Khall555 said:

They encouraged him to fight the coach and helped him flee before the cops showed up. 

I find it hard to believe that a full basketball team all agreed and participated in this beahviour. I'd be willing to bet that it was only a few that were involved and the majority didn't know anything about it. 

16 hours ago, District12AA said:

Typical Memphis stuff where a judge bails them out for not following the rules. 

What people don’t realize is these lawsuits cost money and it is hurting the TSSAA and the member schools. As much as I dog the TSSAA, they are in the right in this one and the James Wiseman case.

The TSSAA have people on payroll for this very thing. 

The TSSAA could have suspended the coach. They could have asked for Arlington to handle it internally and given them a deadline. They could have done nothing. Since the burden lies on Arlington for lack of security and the kid that atacked the coach wasn't a Arlington student there were different ways to handle this.

They knew exactly what they were doing.

From my understanding it wasn't Arlington that filed. It was parents of players. 

Edited by warmachine7954

2 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

I find it hard to believe that a full basketball team all agreed and participated in this beahviour. I'd be willing to bet that it was only a few that were involved and the majority didn't know anything about it. 

It does not matter if it was one player or the entire team  Zero tolerance for fighting. It was not also some random boy that attacked him it was the coach’s  son. 

Edited by Khall555
  • Upvote 1