2021 Marion County

Bushog02

4 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Marion and South Pittsburgh dropped their series and now canceling SV jamboree now that’s ashame. Pull your money out of the valley just to satisfy the idiots in this beautiful valley. SMH:oops: 

I was told MC, Sequatchie, and Bledsoe pulled out of the SV jamboree I guess with three pulling out they figured it wasn't worth keeping. I do agree with you it is pulling money out of the valley but at the same time I understand that a lot of the facilities couldn't handle the crowd of all the teams.  It would have been nice if it could have rotated amongst the stadiums that were adequate.   Honestly though it will probably benefit MC and SP playing in the Chattanooga jamboree and probably bring both programs more money in the end. 

21 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Not sure. The powers that be are excited that both programs are coming to Chattanooga I was told.

Gotcha.  Yeah like OEW said once the other 3 schools pulled out of the SVJ there wasn’t any reason to keep it.  I was hoping to find out from the powers that be what kind of money the valley actually loses.  Is the gate money at Jamborees split between the teams or just given to the host?

8 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Gotcha.  Yeah like OEW said once the other 3 schools pulled out of the SVJ there wasn’t any reason to keep it.  I was hoping to find out from the powers that be what kind of money the valley actually loses.  Is the gate money at Jamborees split between the teams or just given to the host?

Not saying he's wrong but what I was told is that some wanted to revote on the site this year. It's Whitwells turn to host and they objected and I can understand that. It's their turn in the rotation. Not sure about Bledsoe's part in it but they spoke up as well. Sequatchie said they would pull out and do something on their own. Coach Pruitt and Jones talked about the Hamilton Co one and both agreed to make the call and whoever they talked to jumped on it. From my understanding gates at the SV jamboree are supposed to be divided between all schools. I guess the host pockets the concessions. 

From some jamborees years ago I believe MC got around $2,000 to $2,500 from what I'm told.

Edited by PurplePower68

33 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Not saying he's wrong but what I was told is that some wanted to revote on the site this year. It's Whitwells turn to host and they objected and I can understand that. It's their turn in the rotation. Not sure about Bledsoe's part in it but they spoke up as well. Sequatchie said they would pull out and do something on their own. Coach Pruitt and Jones talked about the Hamilton Co one and both agreed to make the call and whoever they talked to jumped on it. From my understanding gates at the SV jamboree are supposed to be divided between all schools. I guess the host pockets the concessions. 

From some jamborees years ago I believe MC got around $2,000 to $2,500 from what I'm told.

That seems like a lot to me.  It would be hard to pass up that plus concessions especially.  I don’t blame Whitwell, being it’s their year.  I wonder now how much the Chattanooga jamboree gives each school?  I don’t remember Bledsoe or Lookout Valley ever being host.  Honestly I haven’t been to a jamboree in at least 5 years, but it will be fun watching it at Finley

35 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

That seems like a lot to me.  It would be hard to pass up that plus concessions especially.  I don’t blame Whitwell, being it’s their year.  I wonder now how much the Chattanooga jamboree gives each school?  I don’t remember Bledsoe or Lookout Valley ever being host.  Honestly I haven’t been to a jamboree in at least 5 years, but it will be fun watching it at Finley

Schools get 300 tickets to sell at $10 each. I believe they keep that money. Tickets sold at Finley goes to the stadium. 

Pikeville hosted a few years back I think. I didn't go because of limited parking and seating, which is why there were discussions on moving the host site. Some schools are not equipped to handle the crowd. It comes down to money in the long run. It takes money to fund successful programs and if you can make more money for your team at the Hamilton Co jamboree then that's what you should do. Too many people think their $7 or $8 for a ticket to a home game is what pays for these kids to have the best equipment and facilities. It takes a lot of money to do the things that our programs do for their kids. In the end I believe it's the best decision for now.

Edited by PurplePower68
  • Upvote 1

Almost everybody come to the S V Jamboree just to see what the teams look like and nothing more beautiful than the sunset behind the mountains during the games. Yes parking sucks in some places but it just tradition nothing like it. Breathing the cool air on the top of Grundy, smelling the cow patties behind the fields in Bledsoe, walking the streets in a old town of South Pittsburgh, the beautiful views of both sides of the mountain at Whitwell and Dunlap, listening to the horn at Marion. Nothing like it. Put it in the books like the 8 hateful miles cause it won’t be the same as it used to be. Sometimes leave stuff alone. Tradition must don’t mean much know a days!!!!! Pitiful and Sad 

3 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Almost everybody come to the S V Jamboree just to see what the teams look like and nothing more beautiful than the sunset behind the mountains during the games. Yes parking sucks in some places but it just tradition nothing like it. Breathing the cool air on the top of Grundy, smelling the cow patties behind the fields in Bledsoe, walking the streets in a old town of South Pittsburgh, the beautiful views of both sides of the mountain at Whitwell and Dunlap, listening to the horn at Marion. Nothing like it. Put it in the books like the 8 hateful miles cause it won’t be the same as it used to be. Sometimes leave stuff alone. Tradition must don’t mean much know a days!!!!! Pitiful and Sad 

I honestly don't think the tradition will be gone long. It actually needed a break in my opinion. Who knows, it could come back better than it has been in a while. Jmo though....

7 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I honestly don't think the tradition will be gone long. It actually needed a break in my opinion. Who knows, it could come back better than it has been in a while. Jmo though....

:thumb:

I believe this as well. Maybe a break is needed and cooler heads prevail in the long run. 3 or 4 years down the road it might come back bigger and better.