South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

1 hour ago, beerman said:

I have high points and lows for all the candidates.  

Biggest issue with getting a quality coach to stay at any school in our county is the pay scale and the pressure to win.

A coach could go 15 mins up the road to lookout valley, make 10 to 15k more a year with no pressure to win.   They go 5-5 and they erect a statue or rename the field . 

Come to sp. And we boo getting a silver ball. 

That was disappointing to hear that at the state game, but I heard it as well. 

48 minutes ago, crow said:

Chattanooga will be fine especially for East Tennessee teams. It’ll suck for west Tennessee though lol. 

Johnson City (ETSU) would be a good venue as well.   Of course it would suck for about 80% of the state traveling, lol.

3 hours ago, crow said:

Chattanooga will be fine especially for East Tennessee teams. It’ll suck for west Tennessee though lol. 

Most 1A/2AA/3AAA teams in the western division travel well...close to home would be great, but I don't think it will keep a significant amount of fans from making the drive. I'm actually glad that a "tourist town" with a good stadium got the bid...nothing against Cookeville, but the stadium and field there isn't great.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Most 1A/2AA/3AAA teams in the western division travel well...close to home would be great, but I don't think it will keep a significant amount of fans from making the drive. I'm actually glad that a "tourist town" with a good stadium got the bid...nothing against Cookeville, but the stadium and field there isn't great.

Agree. Fans will be there regardless. I much like Chattanooga better than Cookeville. Some real good eating joints there. Enjoy Tremont Tavern for a good burger and drink.