South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Thank you.I used to drive thru the old Bridgeport/Stevenson area about 26 years ago is that the area?Used to be a small road thru there and a small Diner in that area that had great food also.

Yes that's it You wouldn't recognize it now with that Google plant going in.  Of course the new 72 4 lane about wiped most of the business in Bridgeport out plus the downtown explosion they had that killed a few city workers didn't help matters. Stevenson put most of there business out on the new road, so there doing ok.  

30 minutes ago, sportman said:

Yes that's it You wouldn't recognize it now with that Google plant going in.  Of course the new 72 4 lane about wiped most of the business in Bridgeport out plus the downtown explosion they had that killed a few city workers didn't help matters. Stevenson put most of there business out on the new road, so there doing ok.  

Wow I didnt know that!That road was tight had a big dog leg and a Bridge going into Bridgeport,Man that seems like a lifetime ago!

That new 72 hurt SP also.  Everyone use to have to come through the town and business was thriving. But I also remember the bad side of it because traffic coming from TVA on a Friday would be backed up from downtown SP to the state line which is about 4-5 miles. I couldn't imagine the traffic now trying to come through there like that. It would be backed up 15-20 miles a day.  I do like the new 72 but man it put a hurt on a lot of business from SP to Stevenson.  

16 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Wow I didnt know that!That road was tight had a big dog leg and a Bridge going into Bridgeport,Man that seems like a lifetime ago!

That bridge your talking about went over the RR tracks below. It was a small bridge to. Vey narrow. That eating place may have been Ray Janey's dairy bar. He had the best broasted chicken around. I use to eat there alot growing up, plus working for a furniture store back then and doing deliveries made it easy to stop and get lunch there.  But this is just me and back to scheduling football games, we're to close to GA and ALA to not be able to schedule some better competition. I do think Chris will address this in his coaching duty,. Chris is a great friend and I wish him the best.  I will say this, our last coach before Vic may have came in and felt intimidated a bit, but I guarantee you this is not the feeling with Chris. People that don't know him are in for a surprise as what he will be doing with this SP team. A new day and a new SP team. And I think alot better. 

22 hours ago, crow said:

Nah just not biting. Unless you’re implying no impact players have came to town in the last few seasons? 

Now you are switching your schtick to impact players instead of speedsters.  As far as your original implication, name a back?  It wouldn't be Frame, Tipton, Kenemore etc. Sanders played 4 years as did Hurd.

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

By looking at your schedule it appears you are playing no one. Schedule is incredibly weak. In all seriousness, I would be concerned that your schedule will not prepare you for what will come out of the west. You guys have a good chance of representing the East but the increase in competition once you get to the ship maybe hard on you guys with the weak schedule. 

Swapping Kings Academy for North Jackson would probably be better to improve for a run at this particular time. 

Edited by rlh

11 hours ago, beerman said:

Dropped MC.  Man that's a good game to play in as a player.  I guess adults with agendas are more important than the kids. 

Jasper was dropped from the schedule . . .  but hope Jasper stays on their.

Edited by rlh

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think that is correct but a SP poster could tell you better than I could. @SouthtownerIs this correct??

The schedule posted on here is full of cupcakes. Sequatchie isn’t very good and neither is Austin East. I have heard a rumor that Jones is looking to replace Austin East. South Pitt will breeze thru this schedule. 

Even in a bad year Austin East has some serious speed which is something that can help SP.  As far as Dunlap goes, they are one of the few valley teams to consistently give SP problems. 

2 hours ago, powerp said:

Jasper and Whitwell should always be on the schedule no matter how good or bad. I like the addition of North Jackson.

I have been saying the same thing.  I think the Marion County School Board should require it.

Edited by rlh

4 minutes ago, rlh said:

I have been saying the same thing.  I think the Marion County School Board she require it.

I didn't realize a coach t poster that has been on this website loner than me and PowerP.  You have us beat by a month. For sure, we have seen some crazy  thing's at SP. And as far as the two North Marion teams, yes for sure. I would have said no to Jasper if they hadn't agreed to come to SP and play this year, but they did agree, so IDK what's going on. Just put a schedule out there and if the Good Lord's will and I'm alive my family and me will show up because we've been supporters a very long time. 

• Upvote 1