South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

5 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

Daggummit I recon I'm the only full blooded Dillard. Roy is my HALF twin brother.

Feller, Old Pirate says, theys only a couple ways you could be a genuine article Dillard. One Ifin someone got a hold of RD’s jock after a night at the drivein. Two OP ain’t exactly figured that out yet!  LOPAO 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

2 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Feller, Old Pirate says, theys only a couple ways you could be a genuine article Dillard. One Ifin someone got a hold of RD’s jock after a night at the drivein. Two OP ain’t exactly figured that out yet!  LOPAO 

Daggummit I recon I don't want to know what the other one is. You's a funny feller it seems. Not funny haha....

45 minutes ago, sportman said:

Yes she is and doing a great job. I didn't know if some folk would get mad at me for saying that, but I put it out there and am so glad you feel the same way about her. 

She is an amazing coach, the kids are the priority to her, and even more so she is an amazing person.  While I was happy for another amazing coach to come back, it should have been handled differently.  Even if I don’t know the entire situation, it doesn’t matter.  It was wrong.  I don’t care to say it.  

22 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

She is an amazing coach, the kids are the priority to her, and even more so she is an amazing person.  While I was happy for another amazing coach to come back, it should have been handled differently.  Even if I don’t know the entire situation, it doesn’t matter.  It was wrong.  I don’t care to say it.  

She and all her family are amazing people. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Crow, Old Pirate ain’t fer any stretch of the imagination thinking Ifin yous was moving into the area you’d not likely wear orange & black. OP agrees theys been more in recent years due to surrounding jobs & sitch. But a HEEP been saying that fer decades which ain’t so! 

Actually I have been a SP fan in the past. The way your captain has steered the ship the last few years has absolutely tarnished the reputation of what I consider one of the premier programs in the state. We all know the big stories, many both inside and outside SP know the kind of “antics” that have been permitted and occasionally encouraged by your proclaimed captain victory. He has, in my opinion, left your proud program with a black eye. I truly hope Coach Jones can and will run the SP program in a manner that restores the reputation and prestige your program deserves. In short sir you are mostly incorrect. I am not a coach grider fan but I certainly hope to return to the ranks of a SP fan soon. 

Edited by crow

6 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I was told tonight the schedule has changed. I guess the streak was technically ended last season anyway. It seems Coach Jones doesn’t mind to shake things up a bit. NJ will be a fun game to play. Who else are we playing besides them?

By looking at your schedule it appears you are playing no one. Schedule is incredibly weak. In all seriousness, I would be concerned that your schedule will not prepare you for what will come out of the west. You guys have a good chance of representing the East but the increase in competition once you get to the ship maybe hard on you guys with the weak schedule. 

31 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

By looking at your schedule it appears you are playing no one. Schedule is incredibly weak. In all seriousness, I would be concerned that your schedule will not prepare you for what will come out of the west. You guys have a good chance of representing the East but the increase in competition once you get to the ship maybe hard on you guys with the weak schedule. 

Is this their schedule? Or is there an updated one?

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?seasonid=374&schoolid=467&sportid=1

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

I think that is correct but a SP poster could tell you better than I could. @SouthtownerIs this correct??

The schedule posted on here is full of cupcakes. Sequatchie isn’t very good and neither is Austin East. I have heard a rumor that Jones is looking to replace Austin East. South Pitt will breeze thru this schedule. 

Rome wasn't built in a day and CJ will try to prepare us better I can assure you. Unfortunately we are in a week region, so that doesn't help at all. I do know we will have a better team IMO this year than last. All I can say is for everyone out there talking about us not competing with these west teams? With the exception of Peabody I think we're there with anyone. Just wait and see.