South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

18 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Daggummit Roy I heard this Jones man is gonna charge more to get in his games and he's gonna put a lock on that Tower man's back door. What kind of mess is this?

Only Jasper fans.  Its actually going to be triple for them to cover expenses of cleaning up purple puke.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Also, nothing against South Pitt, but you will never have another coach that will spend his entire career at one school, as Grider did. Those days are long gone. 

Don't be surprised if C.J. is there 5 to 8 years and retires. 

15 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

I would never say never, but I think you are 99% right. There is A LOT of money to be made in coaching these days and unfortunately it's hard to hang on to a top notch guy. To be honest, if the stars didn't align just right Vic wouldn't have been there as long as he was. In the end it all worked out for both parties.  

Stars and the “support” of the mayor :roflol:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I Played with Chris in Football and Baseball. We've stayed Friends over the years.

Chris is well known for doing things his way! He is known for hard nose OLD SCHOOL Football! He is also known for making good Players Great Players! He has took bottom Basement Teams and Won a Grey Cup with them. He has been in charge of Player Personnel at the Pro level as well as Team General Manager and Head Coach. He is a Defensive Guru and that's where you will see the Pirate Team improve! Also he brings Tyrone Robinson with Him. I believe South Pittsburg will step it up 3 notches! No more Tendancy Coaching!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geno said:

I Played with Chris in Football and Baseball. We've stayed Friends over the years.

Chris is well known for doing things his way! He is known for hard nose OLD SCHOOL Football! He is also known for making good Players Great Players! He has took bottom Basement Teams and Won a Grey Cup with them. He has been in charge of Player Personnel at the Pro level as well as Team General Manager and Head Coach. He is a Defensive Guru and that's where you will see the Pirate Team improve! Also he brings Tyrone Robinson with Him. I believe South Pittsburg will step it up 3 notches! No more Tendancy Coaching!

I remember when yall played together and as you know Chris always went at it 100% in practice, so, I don't think there will be any standing around anymore. If your going to be on the team your going to work hard, and when you work hard it will make you a better player. You had the same mindset as I did. He can take a mediocre player and turn into a good player  and a good player into a great player. How some might ask? Because he is a teacher of the game. 

19 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

After the championship game I was feeling quite distraught.  So I headed to Crow country and entered the sacred JuJu hut. Met their medicine man.  Strange fellow.  Talked in parables. 

the-lone-ranger-johnny-depp2.jpg

Good to have you back. Been missing you. So, lets move from Captain Victory to Captain Chris. Waiting for some good logic and a poem to welcome our new Coach!!

44 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

After the championship game I was feeling quite distraught.  So I headed to Crow country and entered the sacred JuJu hut. Met their medicine man.  Strange fellow.  Talked in parables. 

the-lone-ranger-johnny-depp2.jpg

He looks more like a Heyoka than a medicine man . . .