South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

57 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Touche! I wouldn't mind if we could use 12, 1A is going to be an absolute monster. 

If that Jones man gets the job, Roy is going to have that Childress man read the rule book to him before the season starts.  Roy said punting on 3rd down and 12 men on a 120 yard field is a bunch of mess.

• Like 1

I don't know the man personally but based on his background/Resume (which is not gonna be topped by any other candidate applying for a Single A High School job doesn't get it, then it will only be because he changed his mind.  Otherwise, who ever is making the hiring decision should be fired if he isn't hired.  An honestly, what are they waiting on to make the decision.  Background checks can be done in a couple days, that should be the only hold up.  If it drags out more than a couple more days then it just becomes laughable really.  I mean who else could you be vetting? Nick Saban's already gotta a pretty good gig, I don't think hes interested. 

• Like 2

Just now, Headhunter42 said:

I don't know the man personally but based on his background/Resume (which is not gonna be topped by any other candidate applying for a Single A High School job doesn't get it, then it will only be because he changed his mind.  Otherwise, who ever is making the hiring decision should be fired if he isn't hired.  An honestly, what are they waiting on to make the decision.  Background checks can be done in a couple days, that should be the only hold up.  If it drags out more than a couple more days then it just becomes laughable really.  I mean who else could you be vetting? Nick Saban's already gotta a pretty good gig, I don't think hes interested. 

I agree. Anytime you have a guy who has been a coach for years with multiple state titles apply it would be foolish not to move fast. Why the wait makes no sense. 

38 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree. Anytime you have a guy who has been a coach for years with multiple state titles apply it would be foolish not to move fast. Why the wait makes no sense. 

Well, Grider was Asst Principal nd AD.  So unless the new coach has Asst Principal requirements, they need to make sure a teaching position is coming open.  If no teaching position they gotta make sure the HC either has all the qualifications required by TSSAA or at least will get them in the first year.  Also, if it’s a teaching position, I believe it has to also be approved by the Marion Co School Board.  So, 2-3 weeks is my guess.  

2 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... Shut up sissy boy.  You still at that Tucker mans stadium hiding?

Talk it up Roy. Me and you both know what happened in Cookeville. You will have to live the rest of you life knowing you didn’t have the stones to come look me in the face.  This fictional character you have created aside.... you were a punk that day and you know it. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Talk it up Roy. Me and you both know what happened in Cookeville. You will have to live the rest of you life knowing you didn’t have the stones to come look me in the face. 

LRDAO....i garuntee I came looking for you sissy boy.  You can come out now from under the bleachers at that Tucker mans stadium.   Rattling that cage for you. You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard