Class AAA Bracket

toinemac

12 hours ago, Karl said:

And the article doesn't even mention how Lawson a 4 star Oregon commit just happened to enroll. The problem is T$$AA is  all about the money. Houston will get an injunction in the courts and T$$AA will back away. We all know how this works. 

Mark my word if they win Houston High will have to vacate at some point. Too many transfers in one year for something illegal to not be going on.  It’s an AAU Super team playing against High School teams. Today my favorite team is Oak Ridge!

Shelby County Schools not having football or basketball this year allowed several athletes to transfer to other schools in order to play. Lawson was at Woodale which did not have basketball. Mike Miller being named Coach made national news. Like it or not, that will bring kids in to play, Having a former NBA player and former college coach as a high school head coach will draw players. Mason Miller, Yates and Madlock have been at Houston since they were freshmen. They qualified for state last year. Brock Vice went to Houston Middle, moved to Virginia, then moved back when football in Virginia was cancelled. Nothing nefarious going on.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Mark my word if they win Houston High will have to vacate at some point. Too many transfers in one year for something illegal to not be going on.  It’s an AAU Super team playing against High School teams. Today my favorite team is Oak Ridge!

Now you know how homegrown rural football teams feel when the TSSAA turns their heads with the Maryvilles, Alcoa’s and Greenbacks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pigskinred said:

Shelby County Schools not having football or basketball this year allowed several athletes to transfer to other schools in order to play. Lawson was at Woodale which did not have basketball. Mike Miller being named Coach made national news. Like it or not, that will bring kids in to play, Having a former NBA player and former college coach as a high school head coach will draw players. Mason Miller, Yates and Madlock have been at Houston since they were freshmen. They qualified for state last year. Brock Vice went to Houston Middle, moved to Virginia, then moved back when football in Virginia was cancelled. Nothing nefarious going on.

Stop trying to be logical with everyone. They cannot comprehend how all of this is true.

1 hour ago, pigskinred said:

Mike Miller being named Coach made national news. Like it or not, that will bring kids in to play, Having a former NBA player and former college coach as a high school head coach will draw players. 

Yep. Same thing happened with Penny Hardaway @ East. Unfortunately, that’s just the nature of the beast.

4 hours ago, pigskinred said:

You left out a few:

Colbert - 6'9" 4* from Texas (new this year)

Greene - 6'6" from Minnesota. Starter? (new this year)

Nowell - 6'0" freshman guard. Top 20 middle schooler in country from Philadelphia (new this year)

Stokes - 6'7" Houston last year, but isn't he from Collierville

Lawson - 6'6" 4*. I guess he had to play somewhere (new this year)

Edited by OR nole
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

It is a known fact Penny cheated at East. Correct me if I am wrong but did they vacate that title?  We both know this is an AAU super team. I hope I am wrong but I have no faith in the T$$AA doing the right thing.

• Like 1