Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

At Gibson County is what I was told last night before the game. I think 6:00. Was also told we are playing MBA, I would assume that is Memphis Business on the 29th at 2:00. You guys ran into Bartlett somewhere?? 

Oh ok. We don’t have a game that day so I will be there. No way not this year. I will just say they’re playing a national schedule this year, we played them the last 2 years. They got in 2 transfers that are legit. Glad we don’t play them this year lol 

38 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh ok. We don’t have a game that day so I will be there. No way not this year. I will just say they’re playing a national schedule this year, we played them the last 2 years. They got in 2 transfers that are legit. Glad we don’t play them this year lol 

We have played Ensworth and Webb School both this year. Ensworth this summer and Webb School right before the season, so it is what it is. Hopefully we will start valuing the ball better moving forward and hopefully start peaking late in the year.Neither us or South Side has played our best ball yet, IMO.

15 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We have played Ensworth and Webb School both this year. Ensworth this summer and Webb School right before the season, so it is what it is. Hopefully we will start valuing the ball better moving forward and hopefully start peaking late in the year.Neither us or South Side has played our best ball yet, IMO.

Yea them are great opponents! Yea I have never seen y’all play that bad like at South Gibson. We also had a horrible 1st half against Loretto. We have had a few decent games but still have not hit our peak yet. It’s about that time! I counted them 17 games to go lol. I game at a time but a 17 game winning streak would be great

5 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea them are great opponents! Yea I have never seen y’all play that bad like at South Gibson. We also had a horrible 1st half against Loretto. We have had a few decent games but still have not hit our peak yet. It’s about that time! I counted them 17 games to go lol. I game at a time but a 17 game winning streak would be great

We played poorly last night handling the ball as well. You can’t win against big time competition handling the ball like we have the last two games. We don’t handle the ball better we won’t get out of the Region. Hopefully this is just a little lull. I think y’all will make a great run. South Gibson and South Side are about to play four times looks like if I had to bet. South Gibson will have to adjust to South Side’s speed and quickness. They haven’t seen that type of quick since they played y’all last year. But I will say this. They have had a good year and are a lot better than they were. 

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We played poorly last night handling the ball as well. You can’t win against big time competition handling the ball like we have the last two games. We don’t handle the ball better we won’t get out of the Region. Hopefully this is just a little lull. I think y’all will make a great run. South Gibson and South Side are about to play four times looks like if I had to bet. South Gibson will have to adjust to South Side’s speed and quickness. They haven’t seen that type of quick since they played y’all last year. But I will say this. They have had a good year and are a lot better than they were. 

Yea I heard. We watch med them against Crockett County last night. We have seen them a few times. They are young and will a good team. We are pretty young as well, so it will be fun the next few years! I can’t wait to the 18th to play them at South Side! 

8 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I heard. We watch med them against Crockett County last night. We have seen them a few times. They are young and will a good team. We are pretty young as well, so it will be fun the next few years! I can’t wait to the 18th to play them at South Side! 

Will be interesting for sure to see how they hold up against the South Side pressure. Playing y’all that many times will be good for them. Be good for y’all too. They are a quality opponent. 

58 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Will be interesting for sure to see how they hold up against the South Side pressure. Playing y’all that many times will be good for them. Be good for y’all too. They are a quality opponent. 

This is just my eye test after watching them a few times. It’s not being cocky or anything, it’s just knowing my team. I say at home we win by 15-18. At their place we win by 12. You guard #24 she’s a shooter wide open & #20 is their best athlete on the team. District team is almost here. It should be fun

37 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

This is just my eye test after watching them a few times. It’s not being cocky or anything, it’s just knowing my team. I say at home we win by 15-18. At their place we win by 12. You guard #24 she’s a shooter wide open & #20 is their best athlete on the team. District team is almost here. It should be fun

The Seals kid #2 really hurt us both games. She made three’s and she is really good at taking it to the rim. #24 we didn’t do as good the second game as we did the first. Have to stay on her like glue I agree. #12 is solid even though a Freshman for them as well. She will get 8-12 points on you and she guarded Micah up top a lot. They like her on top even for a post as she is quick and rangey and creates problems. They will throw zone in on y’all too like they did us. #22 is just a solid role player who will dive for balls and play 125 mph the whole game. #20 we did better the second time than the first. She is a solid player. I think they will have problems with y’all too, because of your speed and quickness. We played Peabody 4 times last year and the forth they took us into OT at our place in the Region Final. Loretto beat Summertown on their 4th try. Loretto vs Summertown, South Gibson vs South Side and Gibson County vs Westview will be great gates every game and worth the price of admission.  Do think South Gibson has found out they can play with Gibson County and Gibson County doesn’t quite have the mental edge they used to because they should have beat us. South Side will have the mental edge in a big way, IMO, because y’all have dominated the previous matchups.

Edited by pioneer42

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The Seals kid #2 really hurt us both games. She made three’s and she is really good at taking it to the rim. #24 we didn’t do as good the second game as we did the first. Have to stay on her like glue I agree. #12 is solid even though a Freshman for them as well. She will get 8-12 points on you and she guarded Micah up top a lot. They like her on top even for a post as she is quick and rangey and creates problems. They will throw zone in on y’all too like they did us. #22 is just a solid role player who will dive for balls and play 125 mph the whole game. #20 we did better the second time than the first. She is a solid player. I think they will have problems with y’all too, because of your speed and quickness. We played Peabody 4 times last year and the forth they took us into OT at our place in the Region Final. Loretto beat Summertown on their 4th try. Loretto vs Summertown, South Gibson vs South Side and Gibson County vs Westview will be great gates every game and worth the price of admission.  

Yea I hate playing a team that many times. On our boys side we played Haywood already 3 times, and they slipped a win in there. 2 in regular season, possibly 2 district, possibly 1 region. So it’s definitely hard to beat a team that many teams. Good luck to y’all the rest of the way. I hope we are on a different schedule when the tournament starts. Gibson County, Westview, and loretto plus Summertown will be a crazy region/substate! 

29 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I hate playing a team that many times. On our boys side we played Haywood already 3 times, and they slipped a win in there. 2 in regular season, possibly 2 district, possibly 1 region. So it’s definitely hard to beat a team that many teams. Good luck to y’all the rest of the way. I hope we are on a different schedule when the tournament starts. Gibson County, Westview, and loretto plus Summertown will be a crazy region/substate! 

Yeah no doubt. Good luck to you guys too!! Another thing about South Gibson is they hired Jeremy Vonner 2 or 3 years ago. He has these girls a lot in strength and conditioning. He has trained a lot of girls in the off-season for years in West Tennessee. I think there is a decent chance South Side and South Gibson both make state. Creekwood is pretty good across the river but after that I don’t know. I got y’all 1 and South Gibson 2 in the Region.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah no doubt. Good luck to you guys too!! Another thing about South Gibson is they hired Jeremy Vonner 2 or 3 years ago. He has these girls a lot in strength and conditioning. He has trained a lot of girls in the off-season for years in West Tennessee. I think there is a decent chance South Side and South Gibson both make state. Creekwood is pretty good across the river but after that I don’t know. I got y’all 1 and South Gibson 2 in the Region.

Yea he use to train at south side. He is good. Yea that’s definitely possible that we both make. I don’t think it will be Creekwood tho. I seen them play & they got a decent team. But if they have to come to West Tennessee it will be ugly for them. I seen them play Summertown at home. 

22 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea he use to train at south side. He is good. Yea that’s definitely possible that we both make. I don’t think it will be Creekwood tho. I seen them play & they got a decent team. But if they have to come to West Tennessee it will be ugly for them. I seen them play Summertown at home. 

I would bet they will win their Region unless I am missing something and will host the sub-state. We played them last year first game of the year and led by double digits most of the game and won by 7. They had some shooters then. I hadn’t seen them, just been looking at scores this year. Going to be interesting the rest of the way out. Great to have good basketball in the area. Maplewood I think made it last year, but they look down this year.