Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

5 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Hard to go to Central and win a substate game in that round meat grinder they call a gymnasium!!  

I should know better than to pick winners but my prediction regarding the winner of Alcoa and Gatlinburg Pittman going to the state, is based on McMinn Central winning their game tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I should know better than to pick winners but my prediction regarding the winner of Alcoa and Gatlinburg Pittman going to the state, is based on McMinn Central winning their game tomorrow.

I’d say that’s a pretty safe bet. I’m going with GP over Alcoa and Central over Polk with both Central and GP moving on to state. 

4 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Who ya got Wednesday?

GC vs Westview 4

Loretto vs Summertown 4

Westmoreland vs York

I really feel that your AA champion will be one of these 6 teams. 

Westview

Summertown

Westmoreland

all 6 teams are good enough to make it to Murfreesboro 

Edited by Khall555

22 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Westview

Summertown

Westmoreland

all 6 teams are good enough to make it to Murfreesboro 

If Jada is out, or limited, I think GC easily wins.

I'll take Loretto by 10+ over Summertown.

And i'll take Westmoreland by 8 over York.

2 hours ago, mas1821 said:

If Jada is out, or limited, I think GC easily wins.

I'll take Loretto by 10+ over Summertown.

And i'll take Westmoreland by 8 over York.

If Harrison is out, I'm calling it a toss-up still at home. I don't think GC will beat us easily if she doesn't play. We're the underdog if she doesn't, but we will still give it our best shot. We might get lucky. The freshman can run the point pretty good and we have a lot of roles players that will need to step up for sure and they can and have throughout the season. Last night was a testament of a "run" by Huntingdon and WV holding on late, but it's a W.  

I wouldn't be surprised if she sits tomorrow either. Someone said that she might of been in a boot today and didn't practice, but I haven't talked to around the program itself about it. The biggest game will be the next one on Saturday and we're getting to the next one, no matter what happens tomorrow night. 

I'm taking Loretto by 15 over Summertown and I'm not familiar with Westmoreland & York. 

1 hour ago, Kiddmaximus said:

One of Westview starters told me Jada was fine and she will play. 

I hope she is fine. I am sure GC will prepare for Westview as if she will play. I do think all eyes will be on her in game planning for sure. GC may come after them and make them play 94 feet. Never know what is in store Westview didn’t look too crisp against Huntingdon’s press late as they were in a dogfight and exerted a lot of energy to get the W. Westview got a couple of fouls that could have been called walks very easily late. I know Edie’s high ankle sprain gave her fits early in the year for about two months. I have no idea what kind of shots they have now days to help but I would bet she is getting great care and should. Both schools have provided us with great basketball all year and I expect a ton of people to be there from all over West Tennessee. 

Edited by pioneer42

9 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Tomorrow is a must win game if you want to get to state.  Neither team will beat Loretto at Loretto.  I believe I would press Westview starting out and see how it works.  

I would bet with the energy they exerted and Jada maybe not being 100% you have to keep that plan high on the list now, IMO. Also I look at maybe faceguarding their outside shooters possibly as well maybe playing man. All options are on the table possibly now. Loretto might have their hands full tommorow night. 

37 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I would bet with the energy they exerted and Jada maybe not being 100% you have to keep that plan high on the list now, IMO. Also I look at maybe faceguarding their outside shooters possibly as well maybe playing man. All options are on the table possibly now. Loretto might have their hands full tommorow night. 

Anytime you play Summertown, you have your hands full.  You take nothing for granted, because one off night and you can get beat.

Haskins has had bad luck with injuries to key players in these tournament runs… Jada will be on the floor tomorrow night, but she’s not going to be 100% obviously. Westview has to play this right to try and win but also limit Jada as much as possible.

Wilkins is going to have several different options on how to play this. Westview has not shot well against 2-3 zone in the Hickman or Huntingdon game and that was with Jada driving, penetrating, and kicking. I’m not so sure she will do much of that tomorrow. Gibson could also press and see how that plays out. What do we do offensively against the Westview zone?

Should be a good one!

Edited by GCPioneer