Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

23 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Yes, the officiating was bad and it was one sided.  But let's be honest, Loretto isn't the team they were in the regular season.  We don't move the ball well, we aren't shooting the ball well, we can't drive to the basket because ball movement isn't opening up lanes, and our pressure isn't what it was.  On top of that, Karly just played her worst half of basketball in her career.

Things aren't looking good for Loretto's chances at Westview unless something major happens.

So if we are complaining about the refs, lets look at this objectively. If you watch Karly, whenever she has the ball in her hands, she uses her off hand to push off and keep defenders at arms distance. By rule, that is an offensive foul. Shall we call it? They seldom do. 

On 3/2/2022 at 10:00 PM, Americal198 said:

Saw a very good game at Gatlinburg Pittman tonight. GP over Alcoa by two points. Both teams played lights out on defense. 

Alcoa could have won at the buzzer, but a three-point attempt came up a tad short. A tough loss for Alcoa.

I've recently read that McMinn Central has a loud crowd at home. Tonight's GP crowd, including the student section and the band were very loud. This should be a building experience for Alcoa as they hit the road to MC for the sectional.

Best of luck to both teams this weekend.

I wonder. Is posting a quote of yourself the same as talking to yourself? 

However, the point I made about Alcoa barely losing on the road at Gatlinburg Pittman in a very hostile and loud environment, could pay dividends when traveling to McMinn Central—which has a reputation for being very loud—seems to be proven.

Congratulations to the Alcoa team. And congrats to Gatlinburg Pittman. Both teams represent East Tennessee in AA. We wish you well!

8 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I wonder. Is posting a quote of yourself the same as talking to yourself? 

However, the point I made about Alcoa barely losing on the road at Gatlinburg Pittman in a very hostile and loud environment, could pay dividends when traveling to McMinn Central—which has a reputation for being very loud—seems to be proven.

Congratulations to the Alcoa team. And congrats to Gatlinburg Pittman. Both teams represent East Tennessee in AA. We wish you well!

Congratulations to Alcoa. They dominated the boards last night and in my opinion that was the difference.  I'd love to see Alcoa and GP in the Championship Game. 

52 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Congratulations to Alcoa. They dominated the boards last night and in my opinion that was the difference.  I'd love to see Alcoa and GP in the Championship Game. 

Were you at the game? I've only watched Alcoa twice and had some concern about their inside game. Sounds like they've hit their stride. Alcoa vs GP is a possibility. 

On 3/6/2022 at 9:40 AM, blitzinbuc said:

You hit the nail on the head.  That was the difference, along with a few other things.  Congradulations to Alcoa, a very deserving team.  It will be interesting to see how the east fairs.

On 3/6/2022 at 10:31 AM, Americal198 said:

Were you at the game? I've only watched Alcoa twice and had some concern about their inside game. Sounds like they've hit their stride. Alcoa vs GP is a possibility. 

The two tall transfers for Alcoa certainly makes them a much more formidable team than they were during the regular season, when Central beat them twice - by 9 and 18 points.  Central's pressure forced a lot of Alcoa turnovers in the second half, and Alcoa had a 1 point lead with about 2 1/2 minutes to go in the 4th. From that point Central only got one shot with each possession, with Alcoa cleaning the boards on the offensive and defensive ends.  After several Alcoa free throws, Central got a trey and layup and closed Alcoa's lead down to 3 with 10 seconds to play, but had to foul Alcoa when they got the ball. The only thing Alcoa needs to improve on is eliminating turnovers - though I'm Central's defensive pressure prepared them quite well for what they'll see at State level.  

3 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

The two tall transfers for Alcoa certainly makes them a much more formidable team than they were during the regular season, when Central beat them twice - by 9 and 18 points.  Central's pressure forced a lot of Alcoa turnovers in the second half, and Alcoa had a 1 point lead with about 2 1/2 minutes to go in the 4th. From that point Central only got one shot with each possession, with Alcoa cleaning the boards on the offensive and defensive ends.  After several Alcoa free throws, Central got a trey and layup and closed Alcoa's lead down to 3 with 10 seconds to play, but had to foul Alcoa when they got the ball. The only thing Alcoa needs to improve on is eliminating turnovers - though I'm Central's defensive pressure prepared them quite well for what they'll see at State level.  

Thank you for your response.

If those Pfeiffer girls play like you say, while staying out of foul trouble, it will make a big difference.

I like your term, "cleaning the boards."

Alcoa is a young team, with no seniors. I think their last two games will add to their experience.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

Thank you for your response.

If those Pfeiffer girls play like you say, while staying out of foul trouble, it will make a big difference.

I like your term, "cleaning the boards."

Alcoa is a young team, with no seniors. I think their last two games will add to their experience.

Glad to see Alcoa and GP winning today and making the Final 4.  Alcoa will certainly be a force next year with no Seniors on this year's team.