Henry County Patriots 2021

BigRed88

44 minutes ago, dadriot12 said:

I heard from one of the filming crew, that MBA scrimmage will be at Barton Field. Jamboree maybe at Bethel. Summit game maybe an away game. All depends on when the field is ready.

Sounds about right unfortunately. I had my doubts it would be ready when it was supposed to be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dadriot12 said:

I think they have done an outstanding job so far at getting the field ready for turf, with the unforeseen problems they encountered with sink holes and weather this summer i just glad to see it this close to completion. Where is the tuff?

All kidding aside I actually agree. Looks like everything is pretty much done with the exception of just laying the turf.

I don’t know where it is, but I think I read earlier in this thread that the same company is installing turf for several schools this summer. It might just be a last-minute bottleneck issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

All kidding aside I actually agree. Looks like everything is pretty much done with the exception of just laying the turf.

I don’t know where it is, but I think I read earlier in this thread that the same company is installing turf for several schools this summer. It might just be a last-minute bottleneck issue. 

Supposedly the turf crew is due here tomorrow.Asphalt laying to possibly begin Friday.  Beautiful weather forecasted so I think we are going to make it. The track's rubber surface can't be applied until the asphalt matures, 60 to 90 days I am told.

GO BIG RED

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, olddevil said:

Supposedly the turf crew is due here tomorrow.Asphalt laying to possibly begin Friday.  Beautiful weather forecasted so I think we are going to make it. The track's rubber surface can't be applied until the asphalt matures, 60 to 90 days I am told.

GO BIG RED

Thanks for the info olddevil. I knew someone had to know something and i absolutely trust your take.

3 hours ago, olddevil said:

GO BIG RED

I’ll be glad to see that turf in person on October 1, Old Devil. It’s good to be back in the same football region with you guys, but hopefully y’all take it easy on us :-D this year. These board should are much better on the 5/6 A threads than the 4A thread was. Myself and @TheCommissioner enjoy the banter with you guys

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JacketLover said:

I’ll be glad to see that turf in person on October 1, Old Devil. It’s good to be back in the same football region with you guys, but hopefully y’all take it easy on us :-D this year. These board should are much better on the 5/6 A threads than the 4A thread was. Myself and @TheCommissioner enjoy the banter with you guys

@JacketLover we most certainly do