Will Shelby County play football this fall?

12 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I have never seen a definitive yes from the Shelby County school board. Didn't know if I had missed it or not. 

Haydiboy, they had schedules last year but that didn't mean anything.

Me neither or maybe we need to ask have they left tssaa yet? Lol

We all know the decision makers in Shelby County don’t care about the students. If they did, they would have played last fall. This is about keeping power over people. 

if they don’t play in the fall, it will be travesty. Those teams deserve a chance to strap them up.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:17 PM, Haydiboy said:

I can almost  bet they teach critical race theory  to the kids in their district, instead  of teaching them to be racial color blind.  That's what happens in liberal  cities, I also hate they took football away from seniors where it could have been their last chance to prove to colleges they'd be worthy athletes. Plus like chattanooga  and Nashville  Memphis has embraces gentrification  that destroys   century old  neighborhoods in favor of those white liberal hipster art districts prime  example for me would be Saint elmo  in chattanooga.   They displace improvised  people from neighborhoods in favor of sprucing up the city. And the liberal party is supposed to be  the party of the people  but they just pander to people  that are desperate for change and then up screw up their  communities more than any conservative could ever do. I'd rather be poor in a neighborhood that my whole has been spent then be displaced and have to move somewhere else and get "benefits"

Unfortunately gentrification is taking place in most major cities throughout the United States.  Let's be honest and say that what actually happens is that both individuals and developers begin to move into neighborhoods that are typically in the downtown areas of a city or very close.  The homes are purchased and money is invested back into the homes to make them very nice.  These investments raise the home values of the entire neighborhood which in return raises the property taxes of the homes in the neighborhood.  Often times these are the exact neighborhoods that were abandoned by white flight in the 1960's.  At the present time there is absolutely nothing that can be done to keep gentrification from taking place throughout the United States.  It would be extremely  difficult if not impossible to legislate who may purchase a home or who someone would be able to sell their personal residence or business property to at any given point.  

Edited by cbg

55 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Agreed its just funny how it's the liberal people  who claim they are oh so helpful to poc and virtue signal but when it comes down to it in real life they have a different face.

How about we stay on topic? 

I don't have a high opinion of the current leadership at SCS, but I can't imagine they shut them out for a 2nd year, unless they plan on looking for another job