Gary Rankin vs. George Quarles

chs1984

28 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Thats YOUR opinion.  I got mine! After the rebs got donkey stomped early they gave up. Fact. Alcoa had the defense to stay in that game. You know it, but your red n black tinted glasses will never let you admit it:thumb:

Maryville Beat Alcoa's unbeatable defense 14-0 in the Second Half ... that's not opinion , that's a FACT ! I think it's pathetic BC that you're acting just like some of the Fans that Alcoa Steamrolls by having to jump on other team's bandwagon to enjoy the Vicarious thrill of what it's like to beat Maryville . Maryville fans that I know are happy for Alcoa winning State Championships , you really have lowered yourself to being a Troll to Maryville now ... Did Maryville Break you ? LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Maryville Beat Alcoa's unbeatable defense 14-0 in the Second Half ... that's not opinion , that's a FACT ! I think it's pathetic BC that you're acting just like some of the Fans that Alcoa Steamrolls by having to jump on other team's bandwagon to enjoy the Vicarious thrill of what it's like to beat Maryville . Maryville fans that I know are happy for Alcoa winning State Championships , you really have lowered yourself to being a Troll to Maryville now ... Did Maryville Break you ? LOL

Why yes i believe that they did. Lol

On 7/29/2021 at 7:39 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I see a population explosion fixing to happen in Alcoa due to all the new apartments being built at Hunters Crossing and a just approved big subdivision and also Amazon building near by. Mark my words in four years Alcoa will be in 5A no doubt about it or maybe sooner. The only way they can avoid it is to deny all tuition students which I can't see that because they would cut their own throat with their own knife. Even with a large addition of students I see the same issues Maryville has suffered, it has been little to no effect on the football team other than boast the enrollment full of Wussies and Pokemon Players sending us into 6A. Alcoa can win in 5A just like 3A no doubt in my mind. Would love to see them playing Oak Ridge, Central, Powell and other good matchups near by. When they can take it in 5A which I have no doubt then you have something to crow about. Winning in 3A with a big addition of tuition students/athletes is nothing to be bragging about. Kind of makes you look silly.

Kind a? Lol ! They do.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:46 PM, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa has more gold balls/rings than Maryville and that number will only continue to become more lopsided this year with Alcoa being in 3A minus the privates, Pearl, and Milan & Maryville being in 6A with an Oakland team that will be the favorite to win the title.  It may grow to a point where Alcoa continues to add gold balls and Maryville goes several years without winning a gold ball.  

This thread and the most recent posts show that is a stat that keeps some Maryville fans up late at night.  The Rebels mystique is not what it once was.  Oakland, Whitehaven, and Ravenwood have proven it on the big stage in recent years.  

If I were an Alcoa fan, which I’m not, I would refer to that as often as possible when bantering with Maryville fans.  It may reach a point where Alcoa fans have to invite Maryville fans over to their houses in order for them to see a state championship ring up close.  

You assume … alcoa is  step child hiding down there in 3A as always collecting gold playing jr high school level teams in comparison  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I would like to see what either could do at Pickett County or RBS . No D1 studs and no tuition players. 

I have no idea what you are trying to imply by this vague post

21 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I would like to see what either could do at Pickett County or RBS . No D1 studs and no tuition players. 

Probably beat ‘em pretty bad.

Both are great coaches. But! There is nobody I ever seen that was great as George Quarles.  When I think of George Quarles and Gary Rankin the best comparison is Steve Spurrier and Phil Fulmer.

Gary Rankin and Phil Fulmer are Pound the Rock type coaches that are unappreciated by their fanbases.  They both believe in a strong offensive line using the run to set up play action.

George Quarles is more like Steve Spurrier minus the big mouth.  Both are great offensive minds and great play callers.  When former Maryville Rebel Cade Thompson was being recruited by Spurrier.  Quarles and Spurrier were watching film of Cade Thompson. On that film was the play where Cade threw a pass to Andrew Clement and Clement threw it back to Cade in the playoff game vs Knox Central. Play gained 45 yds. Spurrier said rewind that again. Spurrier said he will put that play in his playbook. 

• Like 2