South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co. (Jones man against this Mcintyre man)

Roy Dillard

47 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Pirate tom what kind of mess is this? I just drove through south Pittsburg on the way to get my fudge rounds and I didnt see no durn flooding. Im not joking either.

Roy, can you push a mop? There was a lot of water in the visitors locker room and our weight room facilities. We need someone to fix this mess so we can get stronger.

Edited by piratetom

Just now, orngnblk said:

Well not actually!

This county was named in honor of a Cherokee word believed to mean, opossum, he grins or runs

While what you are saying is the truth, the running joke down here is that it always rains when we play them thus Sequatchie = rain.  

All the way back to the 80's, I remember it pouring when we would play against Sequatchie.  At one game in Dunlap our QB just about refused to come out of the locker room because he hated lightning so much and we had seen some earlier in the day.  Two years later his brother wouldn't leave the locker room up there for the same reason.  

Just now, The Drunken Sailor said:

While what you are saying is the truth, the running joke down here is that it always rains when we play them thus Sequatchie = rain.  

All the way back to the 80's, I remember it pouring when we would play against Sequatchie.  At one game in Dunlap our QB just about refused to come out of the locker room because he hated lightning so much and we had seen some earlier in the day.  Two years later his brother wouldn't leave the locker room up there for the same reason.  

Oh I know it was a joke I just thought you might like the real meaning it's kind of funny too LOL!

Of course as you know I speak fluent Cherokee LOL.

Just now, orngnblk said:

Oh I know it was a joke I just thought you might like the real meaning it's kind of funny too LOL!

Of course as you know I speak fluent Cherokee LOL.

LOL. That you do my friend, that you do.  

And only in Tennessee would you find anyone named after a possum (yeah, I dropped the O!).  

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

4 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

LOL. That you do my friend, that you do.  

And only in Tennessee would you find anyone named after a possum (yeah, I dropped the O!).  

Haha yep there ain't no O in front of hit here neither.

Hey on a side note the upside to playing on turf is Roy wont have to worry about your new coaches balls getting wet in his first game.

2 hours ago, Geno said:

The Field is very wet and in bad shape because of Rain. And with 2 more inchs coming this was a Smart move by Chris. We play on new Turf instead.

Geno man why does this Jones man not get our boys some turf like that McIntyre man did? He has not even been there three months and already got a turf field.  You think im joking but im not.

2 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Geno man why does this Jones man not get our boys some turf like that McIntyre man did? He has not even been there three months and already got a turf field.  You think im joking but im not.

It took those Dunlap fellows 20 years to get the turf grass to grow before they even built that new stadium.  Now they turned it into faux turf.  Seem like they know more about grass than they do football.

• Sequatchie changed the title to South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co. (Jones man against this Mcintyre man)