South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co. (Jones man against this Mcintyre man)

Roy Dillard

12 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

Gonna be another year of pure Bull crap in the SP threads.Folks try to move on to football and you all have 2 complete morons who can't even talk much less talk foitball.These threads have become coacht junk.

True but if the Jasper analogs and their sycophants would stay out of the SP threads, most SP people would stay out of theirs.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? Me and Wendy was up here in Battle Creek fishing and that tower man calls me and tells me that my good buddy bpm has got the jailhouse fellars out of hibernation and feuding.  Bpm to answer your question last year the first matchup was canceled three hours before kickoff and then jailhouse high could have rescheduled two weeks later but declined.  That Jones man has kicked them to the curb this year.  You think im joking but im not.

Fishing in Battle Creek?  Where at up in there?  Growing up lots of my family fished down behind Dr Deitsens (spelling?) place.  I wonder who lives there now?  My granny and uncle loved fishing there especially.  Anyways, us SP folks have moved on from the cancellation of the Jasper game.  They have not obviously.  

btw this SC team will give us some fits.  I suspect it to be closer than many outsiders believe.  We might just see another 1-2 score game.  Personally I’m okay with that.  I like a good game.  1 week at a time.  We had 3 starters out at the jamboree.  Hope we get them all back this week.  

8 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Gonna be another year of pure Bull crap in the SP threads.Folks try to move on to football and you all have 2 complete morons who can't even talk much less talk foitball.These threads have become coacht junk.

Sorry Jim but our guys didn't start it this time.

With that said, let's keep focus on Sequatchie County. That's all that matters this week.

• Upvote 2

Ready for a new season of Pirate Football to begin. Sequatchie County will be ready to play just as they are every year. This is always a tough team to start the season with. From what I saw in the Jamboree, we have a lot of work yet to do. Some areas we looked really good, others really bad. Need everyone healthy and on the field. Line size is a major concern but hopefully the pace of the game will counter that. Skill players all over the field and very versatile. Our QB is going to have a great year. His vision and ability to adjust will offer another threat to opposing D's. Defensively, we need to find our identity and play gap football. Being undersized upfront requires great technique to offset it. We will be just fine as the season progresses if we avoid a major injury. Several season losses are looming but our Pirates will give it their all.

20 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Recon Not, being cowardly killed it! YepReconSo 

This quote here was the first comment that was demeaning.

8 hours ago, rlh said:

True but if the Jasper analogs and their sycophants would stay out of the SP threads, most SP people would stay out of theirs.

You are correct, but if some of your posters wouldn't take jabs maybe they wouldn't feel the need to post. 

8 minutes ago, piratetom said:

With that said, let's keep focus on Sequatchie County. That's all that matters this week.

Old pirate was the first person to make a derogatory comment although it doesn't really matter. Neither side can seem to let it go. You would think as close as the football season really is the two schools would look to this Friday and not a Friday from last year.

• Upvote 3

Just now, BustedCoverage said:

This quote here was the first comment that was demeaning.

You are correct, but if some of your posters wouldn't take jabs maybe they wouldn't feel the need to post. 

Old pirate was the first person to make a derogatory comment although it doesn't really matter. Neither side can seem to let it go. You would think as close as the football season really is the two schools would look to this Friday and not a Friday from last year.

Agree.

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

Tell him pirate tom.  This Jim man is real dumb.  Jailhouse high should be worried about that Bryant man and not this Jones man. You think im joking but im not.

50 minutes ago, BustedCoverage said:

You would think as close as the football season really is the two schools would look to this Friday and not a Friday from last year.

100% agree. I may be in the minority but I wish the series was still going on.  But it's not so it's time to move on and prepare for the other purple Indians in the valley. 

2 hours ago, piratetom said:

Ready for a new season of Pirate Football to begin. Sequatchie County will be ready to play just as they are every year. This is always a tough team to start the season with. From what I saw in the Jamboree, we have a lot of work yet to do. Some areas we looked really good, others really bad. Need everyone healthy and on the field. Line size is a major concern but hopefully the pace of the game will counter that. Skill players all over the field and very versatile. Our QB is going to have a great year. His vision and ability to adjust will offer another threat to opposing D's. Defensively, we need to find our identity and play gap football. Being undersized upfront requires great technique to offset it. We will be just fine as the season progresses if we avoid a major injury. Several season losses are looming but our Pirates will give it their all.

Very good assessment. I think Sequatchie will be a tough test for game 1.  Line size was the biggest concern I seen at the jamboree especially offensive line. D line should be just fine once all are back and healthy.  Inexperience at several positions on defense will be a concern early in the season but as the season goes on I believe that will be fixed. I do believe we are in the best shape we have been in. I have been very impressed with the new strength and conditioning program. 

• Upvote 1

If TheAmbassador were to chime in, I'd think he'd say our ceiling is 8-2 with our floor being 4-6 to 5-5.   

Yes, there's gonna be several regular season losses.  Just how many is yet to be determined.  A lot of things to factor in, a lot of unknowns.  All we can do is focus one game at a time. 

We need to realize the regular season is gonna be tougher than we've had in a very long long time or even ever.  The regular season schedule was put together for the purpose of readiness and preparedness for the post season.  

As Pirates, let's remember this.  Let's not get discouraged by an out of region regular season record.  Instead, let's promise each other that we'll face adversity together,  as a team.   Promise each other we have each other's back.  When we get knocked down let's help each other back up.  Dust our rear ends off and keep working.  

Keep working is my motto this year. 

It starts against Sequatchie County.  

As a fan, I promise to be there each and every week, the Good Lord willing.

G0 PIRATES!!

• Upvote 1

• Sequatchie changed the title to South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co. (Jones man against this Mcintyre man)