Greenbrier @ Springfield week 1

Kevin38

2 hours ago, eers said:

Will someone let me in on who the D1 prospects are at Greenbrier?

The MLB mentioned looked pretty good and they have an athletic looking WR dont recall the number right off hand. Maybe that is who the poster was referring to. I dont know this for sure but probably Springfield kids that were bit by the redrawing of the county district lines several years ago.....lol

Edited by Kevin38

36 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

The MLB mentioned looked pretty good and they have an athletic looking WR dont recall the number right off hand. Maybe that is who the poster was referring to. I dont know this for sure but probably Springfield kids that were bit by the redrawing of the county distract lines several years ago.....lol

34 minutes ago, eers said:

No disrespect intended, but I don’t think it will be close. I’m sure Greenbrier has some good players, but I don’t think there’s on D1 guy there. Too much talent for the Bobcats to contain. 

springfield 34

greenbrier 13

I just read about the Bobcats in The Connection’s review.  The writer does mention GHS as having two D-1 prospects. 

I quote from the article

“For the first time in decades, the Bobcats have D-1 level talent and there are two players with current Power-5 offers 

Senior Derek Taylor plays split end and DB.  He stands at 6’4” and weighs 200 lbs.  He is being recruited for his defensive skills, and his size is enough for those teams to try him at LB.  With offers from Michigan St and more.  Taylor is a handful to cover and get by. 

junior Nathan Robinson anchors the D at LB and helps out at TE.  He is even bigger at 6’5” and 245 lbs. he has offers from UT, Vandy, and more.” 

There you go, the Bobcats two D-1 prospects. I am still staying with my prediction. It will be a close one.  The jackets win by less than a TD 

jackets-21

Bobcsts-16 

24 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I just read about the Bobcats in The Connection’s review.  The writer does mention GHS as having two D-1 prospects. 

I quote from the article

“For the first time in decades, the Bobcats have D-1 level talent and there are two players with current Power-5 offers 

Senior Derek Taylor plays split end and DB.  He stands at 6’4” and weighs 200 lbs.  He is being recruited for his defensive skills, and his size is enough for those teams to try him at LB.  With offers from Michigan St and more.  Taylor is a handful to cover and get by. 

junior Nathan Robinson anchors the D at LB and helps out at TE.  He is even bigger at 6’5” and 245 lbs. he has offers from UT, Vandy, and more.” 

There you go, the Bobcats two D-1 prospects. I am still staying with my prediction. It will be a close one.  The jackets win by less than a TD 

jackets-21

Bobcsts-16 

I stand corrected… yet I don’t believe it will be close. 

17 minutes ago, eers said:

I stand corrected… yet I don’t believe it will be close. 

The Jackets play teams year in year out with teams that have multiple D1 talent and figures out how to win those games more times than not. So this is nothing new, I will keep my score of the Jackets winning 31-17 which I believe is a good win over a team that will compete for their region this year...

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

The Jackets play teams year in year out with teams that have multiple D1 talent and figures out how to win those games more times than not. So this is nothing new, I will keep my score of the Jackets winning 31-17 which I believe is a good win over a team that will compete for their region this year...

Greenbrier will be lucky to finish fifth in the region they are in this year. I believe the best they could hope for would be to finish fourth, and that won’t be easy.  I think the top three in that region will be Pearl Cohn, Marshall County, and Tullahoma. The fight will be to be number four between Creekwood, Lawrence County, Greenbrier, Montgomery Central, and Hillwood. I know nothing about any of them but past experience shows that Greenbrier has not had an easy time with Creekwood or Montgomery Central the last four years. Both of those teams gave Springfield all they wanted at times and once beat the Yellow Jackets.  This is a thread about 5A/6A but I think most everyone on here would agree with my top three in the Bobcats’ region. 

I also believe that, given the chance to do it over again, they may have played up to 5A and been in the region with Springfield. There they would have a legitimate chance at a potential playoff berth. 

Edited by JacketLover

41 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Greenbrier will be lucky to finish fifth in the region they are in this year. I believe the best they could hope for would be to finish fourth, and that won’t be easy.  I think the top three in that region will be Pearl Cohn, Marshall County, and Tullahoma. The fight will be to be number four between Creekwood, Lawrence County, Greenbrier, Montgomery Central, and Hillwood. I know nothing about any of them but past experience shows that Greenbrier has not had an easy time with Creekwood or Montgomery Central the last four years. Both of those teams gave Springfield all they wanted at times and once beat the Yellow Jackets.  This is a thread about 5A/6A but I think most everyone on here would agree with my top three in the Bobcats’ region. 

I also believe that, given the chance to do it over again, they may have played up to 5A and been in the region with Springfield. There they would have a legitimate chance at a potential playoff berth. 

We shall see...

11 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

I quote from the article

jackets-21

Bobcsts-16 

Looks like you answered your own questions.  I was not impressed with Springfield Defense against Westmoreland,  Maybe that was Justin's intention, but I think we can score at least 3 TD's.  Bobcats 21-14.  I just don't see Bobcats giving up more than two TD's.  The field conditions will impact this game for sure.

230114917_4842809069068481_4709759405911443641_n.jpg

227436999_10218524165167783_6996660210416204359_n.jpg

5 hours ago, ogor said:

Looks like you answered your own questions.  I was not impressed with Springfield Defense against Westmoreland,  Maybe that was Justin's intention, but I think we can score at least 3 TD's.  Bobcats 21-14.  I just don't see Bobcats giving up more than two TD's.  The field conditions will impact this game for sure.

230114917_4842809069068481_4709759405911443641_n.jpg

227436999_10218524165167783_6996660210416204359_n.jpg

Congratulations to these young men for garnering attention at the next level from their hard work. Last time I checked football was played with 22, not 2 though. I’d say any football coach worth his salt would isolate these two and play away from them. What’s the supporting cast look like…..the other 9 on the field are more important than these 2. 

Edited by Poundtherock23