Rhea County at Alcoa

ADS1

On 8/14/2021 at 8:26 PM, ADS1 said:

Well, I guess Rhea County will travel to Alcoa Friday night.  Curious as to what kind of talent Alcoa has back this fall?  I hope that the Golden Eagles can make this a good game.   As good as Alcoa is year after year, I guess that they are used to going against the old wing-t.  What's the latest, y'all?

The wing t is tough. Most teams these days don’t run it. In the past it gave us fits to see it in like the state title game against Covington. So much miss direction. Pulling and kicking the end and trapping the d tackles but usually coach gamble and nix got the boys squared after a couple series and things settle down 

18 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Injury wise we are ok coming out of fall camp. We will be without one of our starting OLB. He is out another 3-5 weeks. Otherwise  we are pretty healthy from what I’ve been told. 

I agree the defense returns a lot of guys but if they don’t wrap up it could be a long night Friday. I think up the middle Rhea is solid but if they lose contain to the outside Alcoa could hit some big plays. 

Offensively I think we will be pretty good. Kaleb Martin is a special player who has a lot of potential and could garner some D-1 attention over the next few years. I think the backfield in general is going to be very good. It will be interesting to see how the line handles Alcoa’s massive line. 

Being the first game of the year. I think we will see lots of penalties and miscues but if Rhea can limit those i think we keep it interesting for a while. If we don’t it could get ugly 

I am so Glad for this game. First, it gave Alcoa their 10th game. Second, it kept Rhea County from having to play in that circus called Corbin KY for two years. They have totally different rules up there. I look forward to having Rhea County folks at Alcoa and Traveling to Rhea County Next Season. Should be a great matchup! :thumb:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

The wing t is tough. Most teams these days don’t run it. In the past it gave us fits to see it in like the state title game against Covington. So much miss direction. Pulling and kicking the end and trapping the d tackles but usually coach gamble and nix got the boys squared after a couple series and things settle down 

I have a lot of respect for Coach Nix and what he does with his defense year in and year out. Like someone else said losing all the playmakers off of last years team would set a lot of programs back but Alcoa just reloads. 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 6:13 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

My guess would be the same also. They have a good qb also. Losing Cox, Sankey, Anderson and Carroll would almost do most programs in but they just keep reloading. Be interesting to see. Glad both teams got a tenth game to play at the last minute.

All these player will be hard to replace but.........

Isaiah Bryant is Cox's double, at 6'3" he looks the part.

Sankey will be replaced by track speedster Jordan Harris and Itty Salter.

6'3" Major Newman moves to the WR to replace Anderson.

Arron Davis and Elijah Cannon will plug the LB positions, but replacing Carroll and Burden will tough.

TE, Taharin Sudderth will be replaced with a very talented Freshman, Eli Owens. Owens in the slot is fun to watch!

To add size with the speed out of the Backfield you will see Elijah Cannon and Shannon Salter at RB/FB. Both can run with authority!

Caden Buckles and Zach Lunsford puts the Offense lights years ahead of where the QB position was last year at this time.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

All these player will be hard to replace but.........

Isaiah Bryant is Cox's double, at 6'3" he looks the part.

Sankey will be replaced by track speedster Jordan Harris and Itty Salter.

6'3" Major Newman moves to the WR to replace Anderson.

Arron Davis and Elijah Cannon will plug the LB positions, but replacing Carroll and Burden will tough.

TE, Taharin Sudderth will be replaced with a very talented Freshman, Eli Owens. Owens in the slot is fun to watch!

To add size with the speed out of the Backfield you will see Elijah Cannon and Shannon Salter at RB/FB. Both can run with authority!

Caden Buckles and Zach Lunsford puts the Offense lights years ahead of where the QB position was last year at this time.

Until the stache grabs the folder...images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyDdelG62FZWh7TIq0SZR

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 7:59 AM, BCsportsfan said:

I am so Glad for this game. First, it gave Alcoa their 10th game. Second, it kept Rhea County from having to play in that circus called Corbin KY for two years. They have totally different rules up there. I look forward to having Rhea County folks at Alcoa and Traveling to Rhea County Next Season. Should be a great matchup! :thumb:

They've got a nice BIG ole stadium down there in Evensville, TN. Boy was it cold the last time I was there.

• Thanks 1