Week 2: Oneida vs Greenback

Spike016

17 minutes ago, crow said:

No they didn’t. 6 total, 4 of them offsetting according to post game stats. Total penalty yards were 105 I believe. 

I was counting the ones that was on both teams. I know for sure they had more than 6. I don’t know who done the stats but that missed that number 

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

I was counting the ones that was on both teams. I know for sure they had more than 6. I don’t know who done the stats but that missed that number 

Ben Garrett typically keeps Oneida stats. Just telling you what they said. Oneida had 6 total with 4 of those 6 offsetting. No idea how many Williamsburg had on them. I was only posting ours. 

Edited by crow

35 minutes ago, crow said:

Ben Garrett typically keeps Oneida stats. Just telling you what they said. Oneida had 6 total with 4 of those 6 offsetting. No idea how many Williamsburg had on them. I was only posting ours. 

Just seen the official stats and Oneida had 9 penalties for 109 yards and thankfully that don’t include all the offsetting ones. Probably would had close to 200 yards in penalties. Totally unacceptable. As @crow stated earlier a few of them were teammates standing up for each other but gotta keep a cooler head I guess but it’s hard at times. 

Edited by Spike016

2 hours ago, crow said:

No this was a rekindle of a series that ended once upon a time due to a substantial brawl. Opinions differ (mainly based on which team you pull for) on who was instigating and who was merely defending themselves. Eithe way gotta maintain composure or you cost your team. We’re not a bunch of punks suddenly but we are probably the most physical I’ve saw us in a very long time and we ain’t little. Some aren’t as fond of getting hit as others and some don’t respond well to it. To be fair some of our boys may not either. Just gotta grow from it and move on. 

There's only so much a kid will take no matter how good they were raised 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

There's only so much a kid will take no matter how good they were raised 

And only so much I’d expect mine to take. Gotta keep your cool but there comes a time you gotta take a stand, football or not. We all know what goes on out on the field and it’s part of it but occasionally a line will be crossed. In those situations I expect one to defend themselves. At any rate we’ll be better for it. 

Blah, heard a lot bout the KY game.  Just not a idea to travel up there.  All I will say on that!  I'm sure the fumbles will be corrected.  The 2nd game is always much better.

Man, the Greenback game was always one my favs. I wanted come to this one, but it was to early in the season.

Hope the Indians have a great week of practice and fine tune machine!

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Blah, heard a lot bout the KY game.  Just not a idea to travel up there.  All I will say on that!  I'm sure the fumbles will be corrected.  The 2nd game is always much better.

Man, the Greenback game was always one my favs. I wanted come to this one, but it was to early in the season.

Hope the Indians have a great week of practice and fine tune machine!

Smash this one should be live. No Kentucky version of T$$AA to jack boot the broadcast this week. Stay in the shade amigo, man could spontaneously combust down your way right now I reckon. 

50 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yes.We have talent just young.No depth and we need conditioning.BADLY!!!Not your typical GB team right now.Need our RB back at RB instead of QB.Lots of work to do!!!

You know my thoughts and I know yours on the coaching philosophy y’all are having to endure. Can’t change this year now. My thoughts? Go ahead and post the HC job for next season and if principal/AD old Maryville buddy won’t go along with it maybe post his position to. I know a young math teacher that used to play a little QB and coach some that’s finishing his masters right now. Might be looking to break into administration :roflolk: Now wouldn’t that be something :shock:

Edited by crow