D2 AAA

plato

23 hours ago, LetsGoToWork said:

You obviously don’t know the history here.  There was a guy in the Antioch area who was affiliated with BA for years.  He may have actually been listed as an asst coach there prior to 2014.  Not sure of that tho. He was the pipeline of athletes coming outta of Antioch and Murfreesboro.  If memory serves accurately I think he got in trouble for mismanaging funds of a youth football program in the area and BA had to cut ties.  None of that matters as they were in Div II at the time.   My point is this was business as usual for this program back when there wasn’t a Div II which caused the TSSAA lawsuit and eventually created the need for Div II.   A long history of this stuff!  

"Don't know the history" lol. I personally know dozens of former BA families and players, and I know exactly of the coach you are referring to. Also, BA was D2 while he was there and has been since it was created. If you want to get even more specific, then there was actually less players on the team from Nashville/Murfreesboro before D2 was a thing because before then they had a limited # of kids that could be on the team if they were receiving financial aid, whereas now it can be unlimited # of kids on financial aid. Every single D2 team gets players from outside their area, along with several public schools and this is a fact. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:53 PM, LouPickney said:

FINAL- MBA 20, Pope Prep 17

Pope's inability to get guys on the ground is beginning to show.  The O is averaging 36 points per game however the D is giving up over 400 yards.  If Reed doesn't get hurt, the game is not nearly as close IMO.

20 minutes ago, JRB said:

Pope's inability to get guys on the ground is beginning to show.  The O is averaging 36 points per game however the D is giving up over 400 yards.  If Reed doesn't get hurt, the game is not nearly as close IMO.

I think you are right as I've seen both teams play.  Pope Prep offense is a machine and can strike from anywhere.  great schemes and great line play.  The defense has good players, but everyone doesn't show up at the same time IMO.  They have several more games to things right before playoffs.  The good thing is you are never out of it with that offense.

1 hour ago, JRB said:

I think this is going on everywhere.  No one is practicing tackling like they used to.  Not sure if this is somehow forced upon the coaches, or if it's a choice coaches are making to limit injuries and concussion risk...I think the only thing they can do now is use the first 3-4 games to figure who can actually tackle and who can't.  It is a tough problem for these coaches to solve.

Clarksville Northeast is playing at Father Ryan tonight.

https://events.locallive.tv/events/55786

The last time Clarksville NE played at Father Ryan was 2016, when everyone had to come back on Saturday morning due to the Friday night game being suspended due to inclement weather.

Clarksville NE is 2-5 this season, but in their two wins they've scored north of 60 points, including last Friday's 61-20 win at Clarksville Northwest.

I watched the Baylor/McCallie game on VOD. That stadium really gets loud when they have a packed house.

McCallie's 28-20 win is somehow both a misleading score (McCallie led 28-7 after three quarters) yet also not as Baylor had the ball down by one possession there near the end.

You have to pressure McCallie QB #14 to have a chance. He's just too accurate with too strong of an arm, and he will pick you apart if you drop 7 or 8 into coverage on the reg.

11 minutes ago, LouPickney said:

The last time Clarksville NE played at Father Ryan was 2016, when everyone had to come back on Saturday morning due to the Friday night game being suspended due to inclement weather.

I remember that.  Was that the first game of the year and having to do with start times/curfew at FRHS?

5 minutes ago, JRB said:

I remember that.  Was that the first game of the year and having to do with start times/curfew at FRHS?

It was the home opener but the second game of the season -- the opener was at Hillwood in embarrassingly sloppy conditions.

As I recall it was an extended lightning delay just before halftime and not anything curfew-related per se.

4 minutes ago, LouPickney said:

It was the home opener but the second game of the season -- the opener was at Hillwood in embarrassingly sloppy conditions.

As I recall it was an extended lightning delay just before halftime and not anything curfew-related per se.

Pope too was in a delay however the game was completed on Friday night.  Someone said to me that FRHS has a curfew due to the neighboring HOA.

You at tonight's game?  Now that I cannot find Oak-CPA might watch FRHS on computer and Rays-Sox on TV.

7 minutes ago, JRB said:

Pope too was in a delay however the game was completed on Friday night.  Someone said to me that FRHS has a curfew due to the neighboring HOA.

You at tonight's game?  Now that I cannot find Oak-CPA might watch FRHS on computer and Rays-Sox on TV.

There might have been curfew/HOA considerations with that, as I'm sure Clarksville NE was less than thrilled about making another round trip drive down to south Nashville.

14-0 Father Ryan lead Q2 8:00. And no, I'm not there.

CPA 14, Oakland 7. The game is on WGNS radio. No video and CPA seems unhappy about it.

NFHS has a couple of Metro games (Glencliff/Hillwood and Cane Ridge/Overton) that I found mostly unwatchable for multiple reasons.