D2 AAA

plato

10 hours ago, cbg said:

Over the past ten years what is Father Ryan’s record against D2AAA competition?  

I don’t know that answer, but I can tell you Rector is sub .500 in 6 years.  He has never had a winning season….NEVER!  It is not for lack of talent as most of the kids that transferred out seem to be doing very well with new teams….offers as well as all-state mentions.  The kids play hard and I think they have a decent team; but when it is decision time, coaching is severely lacking:

Pope Prep- bad decision on opening drive when they tried the same play four times from the 1 and couldn’t punch it in…quirky play at end of game as well…loose by 7

MBA- down 7-0 in first half and inside the MBA 5yd line….with 16 seconds left in the half…they run the clock down to one second and run the fake FG unsuccessfully.  Ryan looses by 3

Knox Catholic- had a chance to break Knox in first half and go up 27-7…OC has massive substitutions and called cute plays rather than running it down their throat.

I love Ryan but something has to change.  Either get a new coaching staff….or go Division 1 3-A.  Rector can only beat the public schools.  To be clear I mean metro area public schools.

2 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I don’t know that answer, but I can tell you Rector is sub .500 in 6 years.  He has never had a winning season….NEVER!  It is not for lack of talent as most of the kids that transferred out seem to be doing very well with new teams….offers as well as all-state mentions.  The kids play hard and I think they have a decent team; but when it is decision time, coaching is severely lacking:

Pope Prep- bad decision on opening drive when they tried the same play four times from the 1 and couldn’t punch it in…quirky play at end of game as well…loose by 7

MBA- down 7-0 in first half and inside the MBA 5yd line….with 16 seconds left in the half…they run the clock down to one second and run the fake FG unsuccessfully.  Ryan looses by 3

Knox Catholic- had a chance to break Knox in first half and go up 27-7…OC has massive substitutions and called cute plays rather than running it down their throat.

I love Ryan but something has to change.  Either get a new coaching staff….or go Division 1 3-A.  Rector can only beat the public schools.  To be clear I mean metro area public schools.

WAY too much financial aid flowing out there to play D1

Lou these are the numbers that I asked for and found on CoachT. I looked up the “REGION” record for Father Ryan since 2010:

2010 2-5

2011 1-6

2012 1-6

2013 3-3

2014 1-5

2015 1-5

2016 0-6

2017 1-5

2018 0-6

2019 0-5

2020 3-2

2021 (10-2-2021) 0-3

This is not just a problem with Brian Rector!  This is a problem with the Board of Trust and President Jim McIntyre.  Both the Board of Trust and McIntyre have allowed the football program to dip to the lowest levels in the history of the school. Why does Father Ryan have over 50% of the Board of Trust that are not alumni?  The answer to the question is that as the President of Father Ryan, Jim McIntyre early on was allowed to get people on the Board of Trust that would not only think like him but would rubber stamp most if not all of his agenda.  You will never be able to convince me that FR doesn’t have enough qualified alumni to serve as a Board of Trust member.  The facts are that until the alumni that make the largest donations or the Bishop of the Diocese of Nashville decide that a change needs to be made with regards to athletics little if anything will happen.  

Edited by cbg

On 9/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, 6one5 said:

I can promise you that Cody certainly does not avoid playing anyone, even with a down team. Believe it or not the majority of families who move from other areas to go BA and that play sports come to BA on their own, BA does not go to them. I know this is the case for several players in the past. Any school within D2AAA and formerly D2AA, in a sense always "picks off" talent. Ensworth did it in Nashville and Murfreesboro for years, Baylor and McCallie do it in North Georgia/Atlanta area, and CBHS and MUS do it in NE Arkansas and North Memphis area. Even public schools do this, it is not just a private school phenomenon.

You obviously don’t know the history here.  There was a guy in the Antioch area who was affiliated with BA for years.  He may have actually been listed as an asst coach there prior to 2014.  Not sure of that tho. He was the pipeline of athletes coming outta of Antioch and Murfreesboro.  If memory serves accurately I think he got in trouble for mismanaging funds of a youth football program in the area and BA had to cut ties.  None of that matters as they were in Div II at the time.   My point is this was business as usual for this program back when there wasn’t a Div II which caused the TSSAA lawsuit and eventually created the need for Div II.   A long history of this stuff!  

17 hours ago, LetsGoToWork said:

You obviously don’t know the history here.  There was a guy in the Antioch area who was affiliated with BA for years.  He may have actually been listed as an asst coach there prior to 2014.  Not sure of that tho. He was the pipeline of athletes coming outta of Antioch and Murfreesboro.  If memory serves accurately I think he got in trouble for mismanaging funds of a youth football program in the area and BA had to cut ties.  None of that matters as they were in Div II at the time.   My point is this was business as usual for this program back when there wasn’t a Div II which caused the TSSAA lawsuit and eventually created the need for Div II.   A long history of this stuff!  

That youth football program that you referenced was UNA.  I don’t know if UNA which was off of Murfreesboro Road , not far from the airport still has a football program as they discontinued their baseball program many years ago.