Oakland vs South Pittsburg (Jones Man vs that Creasy Man)

OldTownRoad

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

He won’t back down. Some would prefer it not played if possible. 

All joking and jabs aside. I have a ton of respect for them stepping up and taking the game. If they come out injury free, they will have gained a lot out of it. The experience of being able to say I played against the top 10 football team in the nation and held my own. That has to be a momentum builder for the kids. I also understand them not waning to get anyone hurt and keep healthy entering the playoffs. I wish them luck no matter how this unfolds. 

11 hours ago, piratetom said:

He won’t back down. Some would prefer it not played if possible. 

Tom my friend you know I have all the respect in the world for you and your program but this game was not wanted by the program it was wanted by the head coach who left in the middle of the night and ran out on the same and the kids.Now they have to play it and risk who knows what or find a reasonable way to back out.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Tom my friend you know I have all the respect in the world for you and your program but this game was not wanted by the program it was wanted by the head coach who left in the middle of the night and ran out on the same and the kids.Now they have to play it and risk who knows what or find a reasonable way to back out.

You nailed it man. 

10 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

All joking and jabs aside. I have a ton of respect for them stepping up and taking the game. If they come out injury free, they will have gained a lot out of it. The experience of being able to say I played against the top 10 football team in the nation and held my own. That has to be a momentum builder for the kids. I also understand them not waning to get anyone hurt and keep healthy entering the playoffs. I wish them luck no matter how this unfolds. 

I get what you are saying but unfortunately I feel the cons out way the pros in this situation. An injury or two could be detrimental to our playoff run. Praying for the best though and if the game is played, our boys will give it all they got. My gut tells me, split 5 guys wide, snap and throw. Keep this game out of the trenches when we have the ball.

Edited by piratetom

17 minutes ago, piratetom said:

I get what you are saying but unfortunately I feel the cons out way the pros in this situation. An injury or two could be detrimental to our playoff run. Praying for the best though and if the game is played, our boys will give it all they got. My gut tells me, split 5 guys wide, snap and throw. Keep this game out of the trenches when we have the ball.

yeah but you gotta protect the QB too... If Oakland gets out comfortably... he (Creasey) may let off the gas.. Which he should... your guys get a tough test ,,, get out of the game healthy and move on to playoff run..

5 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

yeah but you gotta protect the QB too... If Oakland gets out comfortably... he (Creasey) may let off the gas.. Which he should... your guys get a tough test ,,, get out of the game healthy and move on to playoff run..

Under Creasy, I don't think I've seen a game where I felt Oakland ran up the score, if anything he'll probably go to with the backups earlier than you would expect.