Oakland vs South Pittsburg (Jones Man vs that Creasy Man)

OldTownRoad

9 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

What kind of mess is this? Sp starters probably will be out by 4th qtr. You boys getting a dose of reality real soon.

Heck if they are that sure they might as well just let the freshmen team play them.... I say Oakland flag  girls in the band are in by 3rd play of the game... and have to sub out to the middle school twirlers midway .... so not to run the score up too much....and I hate Oakland....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Heck if they are that sure they might as well just let the freshmen team play them.... I say Oakland flag  girls in the band are in by 3rd play of the game... and have to sub out to the middle school twirlers midway .... so not to run the score up too much....and I hate Oakland....

Better hope that stoney hasn't made creasy mad at some point in their history.

Has any of SP's impressive 3 wins this year come against a 6A team?  If it weren't for more than a ten minute drive from my house in the boro, I'd make the trip.   Ain't got to see the freshman team play all year.  I know the startin center on the defense.   He plays on the varsity team too.  Word about the square is they good :razz:

Oakland can use the rest, after the last two games and the one coming next week, they are due. Starters will play maybe the first half. I doubt SP has anyone that can handle JJ in open field or maybe even head on, add Patterson to that mix and, and don't for get the QB - it's a long night. Then just for fun, throw it to Horton, again not sure SP had anyone who can handle him in single coverage, and even double would be suspect. And then there is the defense, SP has not and may never see the speed of the Patriot's D line, good size and fast LBs. Did I mention that these guys are fresh, not playing both ways (except for Horton).

On 8/22/2021 at 9:50 PM, TheTruthPrevails said:

Man with all due respect to the pirates, they are a great small 1a program and I feel like Jones will take them places.  This game will be as bad as creasy wants it to be.  This game matches one of the best 1a programs to the best program in Tennessee regardless of class, including private schools.  This is a team that mercy ruled Maryville last year.  I just hope no pirates get dinged up for the playoffs.  

I hope no one gets injured for SP with play-off's coming up. One injury to a 1A team can be killer. Lower divisions don't have 100+ players.

Bone headed scheduling. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

On 10/8/2021 at 12:55 PM, CougarDadx2 said:

Oakland can use the rest, after the last two games and the one coming next week, they are due. Starters will play maybe the first half. I doubt SP has anyone that can handle JJ in open field or maybe even head on, add Patterson to that mix and, and don't for get the QB - it's a long night. Then just for fun, throw it to Horton, again not sure SP had anyone who can handle him in single coverage, and even double would be suspect. And then there is the defense, SP has not and may never see the speed of the Patriot's D line, good size and fast LBs. Did I mention that these guys are fresh, not playing both ways (except for Horton).

So if they bring the jv, who do they leave at home?  If the starters play a half, it will be 50-0 by then.