The 5 best coaches this year

JPATS5

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach David Pack of CPA (and his staff) has to be in the mix. He takes a team that starts 0-3, then makes drastic changes in the team makeup due to injuries, and admitedly having players out of position, and finishes out undefeated with the 1A title. He's not afraid to admit mistakes, makes very good gametime adjustments, and prepares his teams very well.

Jeff Morris at Milan. Took a team and won 2A title one year, and 3A the next. Pratt from Crockett Co., and the recently retired Randy Barnes from Union City. A case can also be made for Don Coady of Westview. All four coaches have been to the state title game within the last six years with two trophies being brought back.

James Counce at Dyersburg always does more with what he has than anyone. The coach at Memphis East. Coach McFerrin at Rosemark academy, formaly of Covington. He got Covington football to where it is today. :)

[Edited by thebeave on 12-16-02 1:07P]

I think i'll be the first boyd fan to say this, but i think Coach Pack from CPA did an amazing job on Friday and throughout the season. Throughout the first half and overtime on Friday, we were simply shut down, and it was the first team to do that to us all year (sorry Ezell, we didnt play well enough against you for it to count). If it weren't for Will's scrambling ability, it would've gotten really ugly. Congradulations to Coach Pack and his team for a great season.

you all have to give morristown west coach woods credit. he has thh kids playing their hearts out year end and out. the past two years they have made it to the semi-finals. my vote goes to him as one of the top five coachs. two of the other are the jefferson county coach and of course the top pick goes to coach quarles of maryville.

Don Woods gets my vote, he's actually turned Morristown West's program around from a horrible team to a team that constantly goes deep into the playoffs. Before he came West was usually 2-8, and on a "good" year 5-5. in the past 3 years Morristown West is 36-5. They have also had 2 undefeated regular seasons since he has been the head coach. That's impressive to me. Don't get me wrong, Quarles is good, but if if I walked into a program as stacked as Maryville I would also have great success.