1A AP Poll 8/23

MC4FHS

5 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

You can’t argue with the top 2 in this poll. I How does Greenback receive 7 votes after losing 63-0? I heard McKenzie is pretty good too. 

Whitwell got drilled to. They’re in the others category also. At least Boyd is a good team. 

3 hours ago, crow said:

Whitwell got drilled to. They’re in the others category also. At least Boyd is a good team. 

Yep I guess it's just a little respect for our team from years past.Honestly if your not top 5 your really not a contender anyways so whether we have 7 votes or 0 votes it dont matter.Cornersville a few years back was the anomaly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yep I guess it's just a little respect for our team from years past.Honestly if your not top 5 your really not a contender anyways so whether we have 7 votes or 0 votes it dont matter.Cornersville a few years back was the anomaly.

This is true 

4 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

That poll looks pretty accurate at the top. I would think Gordonsville will be in the mix in the East with SP. Who else in the East is solid? 

You will find out in a few weeks Gordonsville play Coalfield if coalfield can put it on Gordonsville then that'll answer your question. week five or six Coalfield has Greenback.You will know what the East has by head to head.Right now its Pitts.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You will find out in a few weeks Gordonsville play Coalfield if coalfield can put it on Gordonsville then that'll answer your question. week five or six Coalfield has Greenback.You will know what the East has by head to head.Right now its Pitts.

My dark horse in the East is Cloudland.  I just don’t know if they play a tough enough schedule to prepare them for the playoffs.  Don’t they return a lot?

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

5 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

My dark horse in the East is Cloudland.  I just don’t know if they play a tough enough schedule to prepare them for the playoffs.  Don’t they return a lot?

Only have 16 or 18 kids.They will be tough for us and CF but wont pose a threat to you all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Only have 16 or 18 kids.They will be tough for us and CF but wont pose a threat to you all.

Oh wow, what has happened up that way near Cloudland?  I know CF returns a lot especially in the backfield.  Who know y’all may surprise some people.  Boyd is a good team.  All the young guys they played since were freshman and now are juniors and seniors at Boyd.  Same with y’all.  Maybe not this year but next two years should be a lot better.  

11 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

You can’t argue with the top 2 in this poll. I How does Greenback receive 7 votes after losing 63-0? I heard McKenzie is pretty good too. 

How does Whitwell get two votes after getting beat 0-35 against a Cumberland County team that had not won an on field contest since Obama was president. I know Cumberland County is 4A, but Class A Clay County has ran all over them the last two years (and they weren't considered by the polls either of those years), one of those being a 29-0 shutout at Cumberland County.

Edited by OldTownRoad
Clarification