WEEK 3 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

SS, my son played center on the Powell teams that had the Bruhns, Smith, MaGaha and others over 6'5" and 270+. The Knox News Sentinel said their O-line was bigger than UT's that year. They struggled blocking smaller, quicker teams. He was at your game last night and made the comment to me that they (OR O-line) reminded him of their teams. Size isn't always good! But there are ways of compensating for quickness. Don't give up on this group yet!

Thanks for the encouragement dawgs82.

One thing you can count on is SS not giving up on Oak Ridge players. He was once a Wildcat player himself. However, he doesn't candy coat his opinions. Am I right SS?

26 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Thanks for the encouragement dawgs82.

One thing you can count on is SS not giving up on Oak Ridge players. He was once a Wildcat player himself. However, he doesn't candy coat his opinions. Am I right SS?

You’re right, albeit much to my detriment. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t that way, but that’s just how I am. At least on sports related topics. I can be in politics and religion too, but I try my best to hold my tongue when it involves those two, because you can really sever relationships when it comes to that stuff, unfortunately. Sometimes when it comes to some things, it’s just better to hold our tongues. The Book Of James has some good wisdom there. Sports though, I throw it out the window. Haha 

From what I've seen so far, Clinton's biggest improvement seems to be in their offensive line.  Their offensive play calling has kept their offense balanced.  If I remember correctly, Clinton had 244 yards rushing and 234 yards passing against AE. 

And of course, the team is confident and having fun. They look like they are playing loose.

Like I said earlier, you never know what's going to happen in a rivalry game. Should be an amazing atmosphere Friday night. 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Isn't this pretty much standard for OR under Gaddis? I dont remember them coming out of the gates playing well. I'm not sure this website can handle the meltdown that would ensue if Clinton wins

You are right in that it "SEEMS" OR plays poorly in preseason scrimmages and then stumbles out of the blocks. I say "SEEMS" because I have no real records to prove or disprove this opinion.

In another opinion, it just feels different this season. People are starting to think the usual growth did not happen between game One and Two. I tend to see things through Cardinal and Gray glasses so I still think OR will catch fire.

Go Cats RWR!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

You are right in that it "SEEMS" OR plays poorly in preseason scrimmages and then stumbles out of the blocks. I say "SEEMS" because I have no real records to prove or disprove this opinion.

In another opinion, it just feels different this season. People are starting to think the usual growth did not happen between game One and Two. I tend to see things through Cardinal and Gray glasses so I still think OR will catch fire.

Go Cats RWR!

Love the passion you have for your Wildcats! Sometimes you just have to believe

• Upvote 1

I know the Ridge posters are just waiting on the Wildcats to put it all together so they can come back to life and thump their chests on the T. This is the week!! Gaddis gives them the ole we don’t lose to Clinton speech and the kids finally come to life….

The Cats by a few trickles…..

Start taking up the money to erect that statue outside Blankenship! 

29 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I know the Ridge posters are just waiting on the Wildcats to put it all together so they can come back to life and thump their chests on the T. This is the week!! Gaddis gives them the ole we don’t lose to Clinton speech and the kids finally come to life….

The Cats by a few trickles…..

Start taking up the money to erect that statue outside Blankenship! 

Just contact ORC, if you can. I hear he’s the one taking up the money for it. Really excited to see how it develops.