WEEK 3 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

8 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Congratulations to those Wildcats and an Honorable mention to Clinton. If these two meet again not sure it will turn out this way. Clinton is taking notes...

Both teams got to get better to win a playoff game but I think Clinton knew this was their best shot.Oak Ridge should get a lot better on offense by end of the year.Plus that defense is full of guys without experience so they should get better and better

23 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Proud of our boys for fighting and getting the win.Im at least proud the coaches tried the Heyward at QB running RO.8 should not be allowed to throw a slant the rest of the yr.I think we should go deep more and forget that short stuff unless its a screen.8 layed one deep ball on money and the soph WR dropped what wouldve been a TD.I know we have a lot to work on but so fun beating Clinton and breaking in the new field that right way.I hope Don Colquitt and his buddies had fun tonight.Somebody forgot to tell them even when we are down we still Oak Ridge and your Clinton.My kids have never seen us lose to Clinton in football or basketball so lets keep it going RWR

Don & Kwayu, both former coaches and players for the ‘Cats, not to mention Kwayu son playing for the Wildcats. Benedict Arnold comes to mind haha. Just shaking my head on that one and still am after hearing about them 3 weeks or so ago. Whatever floats your boat, I reckon.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Don & Kwayu, both former coaches and players for the ‘Cats, not to mention Kwayu son playing for the Wildcats. Benedict Arnold comes to mind haha. Just shaking my head on that one and still am after hearing about them 3 weeks or so ago. Whatever floats your boat, I reckon.

Benedict Arnold...you called it right. No way those guys should ever be in Dragon gear. Glad OR got the win and I'm especially glad the traitors got beat! They need to stay in Clinton!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Really is crazy.I could never do it and it dont surprise me with DC but Kwayu should know better.O well they can get that L with the rest of em.Maybe they can try and recruit more Oak Ridge kids to join them

32 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Really is crazy.I could never do it and it dont surprise me with DC but Kwayu should know better.O well they can get that L with the rest of em.Maybe they can try and recruit more Oak Ridge kids to join them

Those OR coaches wearing the Dragon gear tonight is sickening and them recruiting OR kids to Clinton is absurd. Let them go over there and lose to OR every year

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just a few comments after reading the whole thread...

1) Those Cat Fans getting behind Bervin are 100% right. Dude can flat out dominate high school football. Big Time College Football?  I don't know but I hope he gets a shot at it. Personally, I would love him to come to UTC. I would like a lot of ORHS at UTC

2 )  I would also love to see more passes down field.

As soon a 3 ) Ghost those former Oak Ridge Players and Coaches who were on the Clinton side of the field. They are not worth your time.

4) In the Second half Clary started calling for # 7 to get the  ball more. It worked! Great Call Voice of the Wildcats,

• Like 1

Never recall a win where we had more penalty yards than total offense.  But we'll take it.  Biggest crowd I've seen at a OR at Clinton game in a long time.  Reminded me of the way it used to be over there.  Wasn't pretty for either team,  but I think both teams grew up some.  It was a playoff atmosphere for sure.  

I have to give credit to our o-line.  They struggled but are improving, especially the two huge juniors, both first time starters this year and playing both ways most of the time. When they execute, they can be really good, just need to be more consistent and have more plus grade plays than minus.  Looks like we are playing more guys both ways than I can ever remember.  Definitely going to need to get more guys ready to contribute to beat the better teams left on the schedule.   All in all good win for the young Cats.  Clinton is much improved no question. 

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Never recall a win where we had more penalty yards than total offense.  But we'll take it.  Biggest crowd I've seen at a OR at Clinton game in a long time.  Reminded me of the way it used to be over there.  Wasn't pretty for either team,  but I think both teams grew up some.  It was a playoff atmosphere for sure.  

I have to give credit to our o-line.  They struggled but are improving, especially the two huge juniors, both first time starters this year and playing both ways most of the time. When they execute, they can be really good, just need to be more consistent and have more plus grade plays than minus.  Looks like we are playing more guys both ways than I can ever remember.  Definitely going to need to get more guys ready to contribute to beat the better teams left on the schedule.   All in all good win for the young Cats.  Clinton is much improved no question. 

I was listening to Coach Keith after the game and you could tell he was very disappointed and understandably so.

He mentioned Clinton and Oak Ridge could meet again in the playoffs. I would love to see a Clinton vs Oak Ridge 2.0 haha