Oliver Springs @ Gordonsville

croz6110

As far as I know, this is the first time these two teams have played, ever. I look forward to seeing a new team.

We have a few non-region games to play before the region games and this is one of them.

I'm thinking some more kids will step up to give some other guys time to heal and be ready to play.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, croz6110 said:

As far as I know, this is the first time these two teams have played, ever. I look forward to seeing a new team.

We have a few non-region games to play before the region games and this is one of them.

I'm thinking some more kids will step up to give some other guys time to heal and be ready to play.

OZ is waaay down you will win easily!

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Where in the world is this school? I never heard of them.

Not far outside of oak ridge. They’re usually in the Greenback/ Harriman coalfield region. Occasionally they’ll be 2A. They’re usually a round 2-3 team but lost to friendship Christian in the semifinals in 2011. Like OnB said, easy win for Gordy, OS is way down this year. Had several players and coaches quit earlier this fall. 

On 8/27/2021 at 11:51 PM, Pirate2003 said:

This is a joke of a non region game. Oliver isn’t a good team. You will win by 40. 

Considering they surprised a lot of folks last year, I would have thought differently.  Based on what some said about coaches and players quitting earlier makes me wonder what happened.  However, Gordy is much better than last season too…as long as they can stay healthy.  I wonder about their depth.  With that said, I agree with you, Gordy by 40.