GreenEville vs Elizabethton

KEV-O

5 hours ago, lawnman said:

Anybody have and update on BVD?

I've played phone tag with him while working eight straight days or nights but did get to talk to him during this time.Hope to catch up tomorrow with him. He has a long road ahead but is about as tough as they come.I went down to Greeneville and we watched the first Devil game together on TV. I told him that several on coacht had ask about him. We talked about how some of the fans on here from different teams are good guys,including yourself ,Stars and  several more.Ha,he said to tell Lawnman the Devils would beat those Cyclones .Thanks for asking .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I've played phone tag with him while working eight straight days or nights but did get to talk to him during this time.Hope to catch up tomorrow with him. He has a long road ahead but is about as tough as they come.I went down to Greeneville and we watched the first Devil game together on TV. I told him that several on coacht had ask about him. We talked about how some of the fans on here from different teams are good guys,including yourself ,Stars and  several more.Ha,he said to tell Lawnman the Devils would beat those Cyclones .Thanks for asking .

Tell him that those Devils are going to be hard to beat and hope he gets better soon.

Edited by lawnman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Both these teams have handed my Springfield boys there hats a couple of times, but I’ve nothing but respect for the passionate fans on both sides. It’s good to know their are others like some of us Jacket fans out there. That being said, there’s no truer fan that loves his team more than BVD. Tell him the Springfield fans wish him nothing but the best. Get well soon BVD!!

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

It's the calm before the storm. Who's got some fun facts about the Greeneville  Elizabethton rivalry? 

The series started in 1924, the first two games between the two saw Greeneville win by a combined score of 89-0. The 1926 season saw one of two ties in the history of the series. Elizabethton got their first win over Greenville in the 1927 season, 19-0. Elizabethton would take the next 9 straight games in the series before it ended until 1953. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

The series started in 1924, the first two games between the two saw Greeneville win by a combined score of 89-0. The 1926 season saw one of two ties in the history of the series. Elizabethton got their first win over Greenville in the 1927 season, 19-0. Elizabethton would take the next 9 straight games in the series before it ended until 1953. 

Now that's the kind of historical breakdown every game thread on here needs. Nearly a hundred years ago they got this rivalry going. 

1 hour ago, creekerballer said:

Just to add a little to the History Betsy holds a 42-33-2 record vs the Devils and 5-3 in the Play Offs.  Betsy and Greeneville played every years since 1924 (Except during WW2) until Betsy dropped Greeneville in 2007

13 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Just to add a little to the History Betsy holds a 42-33-2 record vs the Devils and 5-3 in the Play Offs.  Betsy and Greeneville played every years since 1924 (Except during WW2) until Betsy dropped Greeneville in 2007

jjm70 you have anything to add to that last sentence? 

27 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

jjm70 you have anything to add to that last sentence? 

Being a 12 month Administrator, I was always the acting AD basically in July. We had not received the contract for the home game from Betsy. I made the call and the AD said we weren’t playing. First we had heard about the cancelling of our game. I wondered when they would have contacted us. It was very  un Elizabethton like. We hustled and found you all a game in Kentucky.

Both sides worked hard not to make this mishap a stumbling block for our schools, and other activities and sports.

We were replaced by Happy Valley and we added Mercer County Kentucky.

Edited by noonesfool