Ya'll hear about Oakland??

ttitan27

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Ha! Come on! You murvul fans are almost getting hypothetical....sigh.

How can you not see Alccoa looks for tougher matchups way beyond 3A classification teams. And, then criticize them when your own team does NOTHING to do the same. Schedule games that will prepare you for the tougher teams in 6A. Yes, you scrimmaged Catholic, that was good. But Alcoa scrimmaged  Mc Callie and a very athletic Atlanta team......better.

Alcoa's out of region is 6A and 5A teams.

Murvul...besides Alcoa, 2 5A teams????? Atleast Alcoa will be a tougher matchup, and you all know it.

Oakland is pushing themselves by playing tougher teams. Teams out of state. Teams that will challenge them.

Til murvul steps up and plays better teams, you all have ZERO credibility pointing the finger at Alcoa!:thumb:

Alcoa stayed down in 3A where State Championships are always Guaranteed ... Most Alcoa fans I know wish they were Playing in 4A where they could have some great Battles with Greeneville , Elizabethton or Anderson County . You can't tell me your Championships wouldn't mean a lot more to you if that was the case . 3A without the Private Schools is going to be a Cakewalk every year for you guys . Oakland destroys any argument you have about a Maryville schedule because Oakland would destroy any other team you come up with this year .  I love having to go against Oakland ... if Maryville were to win this year it would be a Monumental Achievement . I think you feel the same way and that's why you're feeling so needy now Trolling the Maryville threads . 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, pepvol said:

Alcoa stayed down in 3A where State Championships are always Guaranteed ... Most Alcoa fans I know wish they were Playing in 4A where they could have some great Battles with Greeneville , Elizabethton or Anderson County . You can't tell me your Championships wouldn't mean a lot more to you if that was the case . 3A without the Private Schools is going to be a Cakewalk every year for you guys . Oakland destroys any argument you have about a Maryville schedule because Oakland would destroy any other team you come up with this year .  I love having to go against Oakland ... if Maryville were to win this year it would be a Monumental Achievement . I think you feel the same way and that's why you're feeling so needy now Trolling the Maryville threads . 

I don't see Oakland on murvuls schedule??:roll:

I agree with playing in 4A. All the teams you listed was ask for a game. ALL DECLINED. Including all 5A and 6A teams in East Tn.

The sad part is Heritage is a 5A team and murvul still schedules.............wow. VERY Sad!!

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I don't see Oakland on murvuls schedule??:roll:

I agree with playing in 4A. All the teams you listed was ask for a game. ALL DECLINED. Including all 5A and 6A teams in East Tn.

The sad part is Heritage is a 5A team and murvul still schedules.............wow. VERY Sad!!

I think Alcoa would still win in 4A but the competition would be so much better . Going to a Maryville game when I'm not sure we're gonna win is so much more exciting . Heritage is a hometown team and I think all 4 teams should play each other ... even if they are Blowouts . It's History ... and Heritage and WB are a lot better off playing Maryville and Alcoa as it should make them a better team .

On 9/7/2021 at 11:11 AM, pepvol said:

Oh , sorry Oakland fans for hijacking your thread , my last post here .

Lol....it wasn't a serious thread anyway.  I was just trying to raise a few hackles for fun.  When your favorite program is on top its fun to spout off at the mouth a little.  When Oakland eventually down cycles, which it will at some point, I'll go back to lurking in the shadows.

Looks like Oakland matches up against Siegel at Oakland this week.   I certainly expect Oakland to win this game without too much difficulty but then again that's why they play the games.   Hopefully Covid won't interrupt this one and I can finally see them in the first home game of the year.   This will be year 6 for me running the scoreboard and 25/40 second clock.   Gotta loosen up the fingers for button pushing!  I haven't seen Oakland lose a home game during my entire tenure there.  It's bound to happen.   But not yet.   Go Pats 

4 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Looks like Oakland matches up against Siegel at Oakland this week.   I certainly expect Oakland to win this game without too much difficulty but then again that's why they play the games.   Hopefully Covid won't interrupt this one and I can finally see them in the first home game of the year.   This will be year 6 for me running the scoreboard and 25/40 second clock.   Gotta loosen up the fingers for button pushing!  I haven't seen Oakland lose a home game during my entire tenure there.  It's bound to happen.   But not yet.   Go Pats 

You do the scoreboard and 25/40 second clock at the same time? That’s impressive.  I love doing the scoreboard but the times I’ve had to do the clock at the same time, I’ve thought about jumping out of the press box... down and distance and starting the clock don’t seem to jive well when your offense operates fast. 

3 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

You do the scoreboard and 25/40 second clock at the same time? That’s impressive.  I love doing the scoreboard but the times I’ve had to do the clock at the same time, I’ve thought about jumping out of the press box... down and distance and starting the clock don’t seem to jive well when your offense operates fast. 

Yeah I was at the end of my 4th game when someone said "hey, you're doing pretty good, usually 2 folks do this job"  lol.....at that point I was used to it so I never looked back.  Yes it is kinda tricky.   Folks don't realize how many buttons have to be pushed after every single play.  

10 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Yeah I was at the end of my 4th game when someone said "hey, you're doing pretty good, usually 2 folks do this job"  lol.....at that point I was used to it so I never looked back.  Yes it is kinda tricky.   Folks don't realize how many buttons have to be pushed after every single play.  

Bcsportsfan is good at pushing buttons! :wink: