Littull fellurs cross Pistull Creik two tha Gyunts

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Well Alcoa made the call and that is FACT!

I'm sure they did.  

But again, how can you say that Powell is dodging anybody with the non region schedule they have?  

Maryville and Catholic - not a thing you can say there.  

AC is a long time rival, a border rival and a game that does great gates at both places every year.  

Science Hill is a make up for a series that was contracted and had to be rescheduled so both could get region games played a couple of years back.  

But by all means, let's not let facts and reason get in the way of your finger pointing.  

Heck fire, Alcoa, like many schools, calls a lot of people to try to get non region games scheduled.  That's not something that is unique to Alcoa.  

Edited by HTV

As a Rebel parent (although I was a Alcoa fan, the first time I saw Alcoa play in Nashville about 1979), I understand the depth issue that frustrates Alcoa.  I know plenty of times Alcoa has had several top athletes, that played on both sides of the ball.  This is a legitimate complaint (sometimes over used after a loss to Maryville). Yet, I also recognize that Maryville could have players play both ways, which could have given them an advantage (making the defense or offense better). That’s the coach’s choice, agree or disagree, it does make a difference in this game.  

I am just so thankful the administration and coaches agree to play this game every year.  I just love this rivalry!  I feel greatly blessed to live her in Maryville and enjoy not just the game, but the commitment by both schools to an absolute “Standard of Excellence “ in high school football. 

What I would like to see, is a game that required players to play offense and defense. Have a few players extra just in case someone gets hurt. No special teams players. A true 11 on 11, old fashioned neighborhood gridiron gut check. Only then would we know, who has “the best” team!

59 minutes ago, oldhick76 said:

I am just so thankful the administration and coaches agree to play this game every year.  I just love this rivalry!  I feel greatly blessed to live her in Maryville and enjoy not just the game, but the commitment by both schools to an absolute “Standard of Excellence “ in high school football. 

I agree but am afraid this matchup will not last forever. Murvil will need to start scheduling more competive teams for their non region games to help prepare for the playoffs. Maybe alco can start this year making this matchup a competitive rivalry again. IMO that 2A schedule that alco keeps prevents them from being the best team they can be. No competition down there for them, just piling up wins for the head man.

2 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Maryville seems to be at full strength health wise. 

Except for the 2 kids out for the yr with knee surgeries. I am curious if alco has as many knee issues with the fake grass as murvil has had since it was installed?  Or even the Knox teams with their new fields? Is it a result of the new surface or something with the strength programs?

10 minutes ago, strongx said:

I agree but am afraid this matchup will not last forever. Murvil will need to start scheduling more competive teams for their non region games to help prepare for the playoffs. Maybe alco can start this year making this matchup a competitive rivalry again. IMO that 2A schedule that alco keeps prevents them from being the best team they can be. No competition down there for them, just piling up wins for the head man.

LOL , StrongX doing his part to liven things up ... Is BC the only Alcoa fan on here now ? 

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

The difference..................... I never put down kids!

You reference them as kids like their baby's in a play pen but their young adults and most seniors anymore are usually 18 because mom and dad held him back a year. My beef was with the mother not the kid. The narrator even said at the end of the film and no offers yet. Gee I wonder why.

There was a time back in my day Maryville had a 15 game winning streak from 1970 until1985 and some were beginning to say the series may be getting ready to be cancelled especially when Alcoa slid down to single A. During those times only a few teams went to the playoffs and playing a school in a lesser class could be held against you if it came down to your school and another for that playoff spot. I couldn't imagine in a million years of that game ever getting cancelled just because of the gate alone. I'm from Maryville and I will give credit where credit should belong. For a school Alcoa's size I would say pound for pound their the best school in the state and have been for quiet sometime. I personally believe the back and forth who can top who has reach such a level that both teams have ran off and left the rest setting on the sidelines and never realized it. Should be a great game as always.