1A AP POLL 9-6-21

piratetom

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I bet City has something to say about that.  Good thing this post is written down when you guys choke again ill Be sure to tag ya. You may not even get a Silver ball this year. I don’t know if you SP people are extremely confident or just big time homers who knows very little about the other regions in the state. But until Fayetteville gets beat they are number 2 behind Trenton. 

Yes, Fayetteville is #2 behind Peabody, but Fayetteville can't represent the East. They are in the West. So yes, Geno is correct in saying that So Pitt should represent the EAST in the Championship. Fayetteville will have to get through Peabody and a few other very good teams to get back there again.

In reality South Pittsburg is #2. Fayetteville and Peabody are Guaranteed to cancel 1 or the other out. This South Pittsburg is NOT a Team of the past we havnt had a Head Coach that could Coach when it came to Coaching. I have a legitimate question.

How many Games did our ex Coach actually Win from Coaching? When has South Pittsburg played a Team we shouldn't beat and yet we did Win? That's Coaching! I can only think of 1.. The Jasper Game a few years ago. Other than that we either got beat by a better Coached Team or we Mercy ruled the Team. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Geno said:

Hopefully Coach Jones just cancels the entire year!! We Suck!! We only played a Team 2 Classifications higher than us and twice the size and crushed them! I say we just quit!!!

I tell you what, baring closing Schools for the year.. South Pittsburg will be playing Peabody for the State Championship!  Write it down!!! Id bet anyone

57 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I bet City has something to say about that.  Good thing this post is written down when you guys choke again ill Be sure to tag ya. You may not even get a Silver ball this year. I don’t know if you SP people are extremely confident or just big time homers who knows very little about the other regions in the state. But until Fayetteville gets beat they are number 2 behind Trenton. 

Ignorant posts

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Geno said:

In reality South Pittsburg is #2. Fayetteville and Peabody are Guaranteed to cancel 1 or the other out. This South Pittsburg is NOT a Team of the past we havnt had a Head Coach that could Coach when it came to Coaching. I have a legitimate question.

How many Games did our ex Coach actually Win from Coaching? When has South Pittsburg played a Team we shouldn't beat and yet we did Win? That's Coaching! I can only think of 1.. The Jasper Game a few years ago. Other than that we either got beat by a better Coached Team or we Mercy ruled the Team. 

That doesn't make y'all the 2nd best team 

35 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yep I'm not guessing the West any of those 3 would be playing Alcoa if they were 3A.Gordy may be pretty good but the Pirates are my bet!

Keep an eye out for Celina. Not sure they’ll be able to compete with SP, but they are a pretty good team in the east side bracket.

In the one game we’ve been able to play we ran only 4-5 base plays.  I also look forward to a bigger game to see how our coaches and players react.  We have the guys playing this year that should have started or at least played a lot more last year, and given the chance to showcase their skills.  Geno, don’t get so excited.  The way you talk about Coach Jones makes me believe y’all drink from the same straw.  We all know he’s a great coach, but at the end of the day these young men still have to execute.  Fayetteville was big, strong, and well coached last year.  They deserved to win.  If we played them 10 times with last years team I believe they still win most all of them.  Peabody has a great QB and the Gannoway (not sure on spelling) brothers are VERY good athletes.  They too are very big.  I’ve watched every video I can on Peabody.  I would take Coach Jacobs any day.  I like his pregame and halftime speeches.  He’s a great motivator from what I can tell.  The poll is very accurate for once. Until we win another championship we will always be behind them and Fayetteville IMO.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

In the one game we’ve been able to play we ran only 4-5 base plays.  I also look forward to a bigger game to see how our coaches and players react.  We have the guys playing this year that should have started or at least played a lot more last year, and given the chance to showcase their skills.  Geno, don’t get so excited.  The way you talk about Coach Jones makes me believe y’all drink from the same straw.  We all know he’s a great coach, but at the end of the day these young men still have to execute.  Fayetteville was big, strong, and well coached last year.  They deserved to win.  If we played them 10 times with last years team I believe they still win most all of them.  Peabody has a great QB and the Gannoway (not sure on spelling) brothers are VERY good athletes.  They too are very big.  I’ve watched every video I can on Peabody.  I would take Coach Jacobs any day.  I like his pregame and halftime speeches.  He’s a great motivator from what I can tell.  The poll is very accurate for once. Until we win another championship we will always be behind them and Fayetteville IMO.  

We lost a lot of key linemen from that team last year. You can always replace skill guys the majority of time at SP but last years linemen were hands down better than this years and that’s a big difference. Overall wise, I would have SP at 4 behind Peabody, Fayetteville, and McKenzie.

5 hours ago, powerp said:

We lost a lot of key linemen from that team last year. You can always replace skill guys the majority of time at SP but last years linemen were hands down better than this years and that’s a big difference. Overall wise, I would have SP at 4 behind Peabody, Fayetteville, and McKenzie.

Yep I can agree with that.  The McKenzie RB is the real deal from what I’ve read.