Rural West TN Top 12 Week 4

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Here is my top 12 thru the first 3 weeks of the season. I have marked each teams previous weeks result and overall record. Any game I marked with Covid ff is indicated as such on TSSAA scoreboard and is included in the teams overall record. 
1. Haywood 2-0 W 48-14 over Crockett Co. 

2. Hardin Co. 3-0 W 42-6 over South Side

3. Peabody 3-0 W Covid ff over Lake Co.

4. Dyersburg 3-0 W Covid ff over Bolton

5. Covington 3-0 W Covid ff over Millington

6. Henry Co. 1-2 W 49-18 over Kenwood

7. South Gibson 3-0 W 44-41 over Milan

8. McKenzie 3-0 W 72-7 over S Fulton

9. Westview 2-1 W 42-6 over Gibson Co.

10. Riverside 3-0 W 37-0 over Hickman Co. 

11. USJ 2-1 W Covid ff over Tipton Rosemark 

12. Brighton 3-0 W Covid ff over Memphis Overton

Outside looking in: Milan (1-2), Huntingdung (2-1), Munford (2-1), Lexington (1-2)

Just a reminder this is the top 12 in West TN outside of Shelby Co. What does everyone think??

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Here is my top 12 thru the first 3 weeks of the season. I have marked each teams previous weeks result and overall record. Any game I marked with Covid ff is indicated as such on TSSAA scoreboard and is included in the teams overall record. 

Outside looking in: Milan (1-2), Huntingdung (2-1), Munford (2-1), Lexington (1-2)

Just a reminder this is the top 12 in West TN outside of Shelby Co. What does everyone think??

Good looking list there. I’m just not letting myself sell out on Hardin County just yet. They e man handled every opponent so far, playing some real physical football right now. Just want to see them play a complete football team before I get to high on them. I think the USJ game will answer some questions. Should know more after Friday night about the Tigers. But love there physical play on the defensive side of the ball thus far!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Milan will be way up there later in the year. Could have very easily beat Westview and South Gibson. Pull Milan’s defense off to the side and ask them about Dyersburg.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Looks about right for a fella that enjoys lookin at poles  like ole BPM, funnin aside I think the West is really stout 1-4 A !!!!

Some BIG games this week that will have an effect on next week’s rankings. 

Brighton @ Covington

USJ @ Hardin Co  

Brentwood @ Henry Co

Haywood @ Lexington 

Dyersburg @ Munford

Huntingdung @ Riverside

Also some teams that may have a case to be included in the top 12 or at least the OTOLI teams: JCS (3-0), Dresden (2-1), Union City (2-1)   

What does everyone think.  

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Thats a solid top 5. Personally, I would go:

1. Dyersburg

2. Haywood

3. Hardin Co

4. Peabody

5. Covington

Any certain reason you have Dyersburg at 4?

Edited by TheLongestYard

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Spell check, or was this on purpose?

21 minutes ago, TheLongestYard said:

Thats a solid top 5. Personally, I would go:

1. Dyersburg

2. Haywood

3. Hardin Co

4. Peabody

5. Covington

Any certain reason you have Dyersburg at 4?

I personally feel like Haywood is the most talented team in west TN top to bottom. Until I see someone beat them I will have them at #1. Haywood and Hardin both had convincing wins against Dburg last year and have blown the doors off their opponents so far this year. I have Peabody at #3 cause a 39 game win streak and 3 straight state titles speak for itself plus they beat two really good teams to start the year. If Peabody and Dburg played today I would put my money on Dburg. My top 12 is just my opinion and only based on what we have seen thus far. The Trojans play a good Munford team this Friday and have Covington soon. They remain undefeated thru that I’ll probably have them at #2 or #3.