Milan @ Haywood week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Haywood has looked like a machine this year. Milan is coming into this one having finally won a game. How does this one go down??

Really ? Have they looked like a BigPurple Machine? Something you wanna get off your chest ? Is there a big H on your Underroos there broski ? I really don’t think this game will be any less of a heart stopper than SGC vs Milan was ! This will come down to discipline,special teams and the Milan linebackers !!! I just think my brother you are in for another week where you might very well need a difibulator! I see this as a last guys that got the ball win it type game ! Very well might make the trip to Haywood myself  ! Won’t cheer for Milan but I am a pookie fan so I will pull for my big homie !!!

11 hours ago, stacmot said:

Haywood has got to solve some problems with the defensive secondary.  If they don't, I'm afraid Milan rolls.

I actually thought the defense was really solid and has been all year, allowing an average of 4.5 ppg. through three games. Lexington got in some completions, but was also sacked numerous times due to some good coverage. Haywood was also missing its starting safety due to illness. I will be shocked in "Milan rolls" at Haywood.

I’m getting mixed results in predicting the outcome of this game. Some indicators point to one team, some the other.

But, there’s no doubt where my heart will be in picking a team to root for in this one. I can still look out my back door and see the Haywood County line. My mailing address is still Stanton, and my dad was a Haywood grad.

Milan, OTOH, has been a respected foe of Covington for a long time. I respect their ability, but I’m not gonna pull for them.

Go Tomcats! Let’s see y’all bring home the win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Serious question. Are you a former coach? That's every interview I have ever done during my former career as a sports writer.

1 hour ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I expect y’all to show up full force 

The first two games of the year with Milan and SG I was called a sandbagger and people laughed at me. Lol. We lost both games. I am a “coach” per say but not a Milan football coach. Just have watched a TON  of Milan football in my 40 years and call it like I see it. If y’all are expecting us to come in full force you will be disappointed. Dead serious.