UC At Gibson County. Can the Tornadoes Keep Their Streak Against the Pioneers

BigSwoShow

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

GC just very thin and I told everyone this in a nice way before season started. We will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games. Hey, but girls basketball is getting closer. And you know just like I know there may be some mercy rule games but it will be the opponent.

It just stinks to see brother, there was so much improvement and hope for a couple seasons ! Man our boys basketball is gonna be ridiculous good but girls graduation killed us from  last years state turney team !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

Normally I wouldn’t criticize the refs but that was the worst called game I’ve seen, but a win is a win and move on and practice hard and fix the mistakes. Ready for our starting QB to get back he is a great reader and we lacked that tonight. But it’s always next man up and we will battle till the end.

Refs….? They barely even threw their flags tonight. And you turned the ball over 3 or 4 times. 

29 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

There were a couple of turnovers but the refs threw the flags every time someone sneezed. Not arguing just moving on to next game. Good luck the rest of the year.

UC was very conservative all night. Gibson County’s defense played well. We were deep deep in UC territory one time on the 1 and once inside the 15 or so and st the end around the 25. Two big picks one a 95 yard or so pick 6 and a stop on the 1 . Just got to take advantage and we didn’t. Congrats to UC!! The last four years these two have gone at it.

58 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

Normally I wouldn’t criticize the refs but that was the worst called game I’ve seen, but a win is a win and move on and practice hard and fix the mistakes. Ready for our starting QB to get back he is a great reader and we lacked that tonight. But it’s always next man up and we will battle till the end.

Y’all got a away game at ripley and Westview at home how you think they will do?

45 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Y’all got a away game at ripley and Westview at home how you think they will do?

Both will be tough games but I have no doubt they will be more ready than ever. Win or Lose this team has shown it will not give up. And being a underdog has a tendency to fuel teams up and has even fueled up some upsets . Just hope for the best and believe in our boys they are a true family. 

30 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Eww Gibson Co…really Swo? 

Dude it wasn’t our best game. We were missing our QB1 and our leading ball carrier. Add to that some very untimely  stupid penalties and we allowed GC to hang around. We are going to have to fix some things if we are going to compete in our next 3 games. It was ugly but our defense kept us in the game.