Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

I was at the game. Lipscomb was a lot bigger than Oakland. Oakland O line couldn't get a push, which is not like them. DL ran 68 plays for 371 yards. Oakland ran 36 for 277. 75 yards was the long run for James. Dilfer had a great game plan. Ran a ton of misdirection in the first quarter. Pulled guards one way but ran the opposite way. Next quarter switched to power. LBs didn't know which keys to follow which slowed them down a step. 2 plays won the game for Oakland, the strip and score and James 75 yard run. 

My thoughts on LA and the game.   We know how it turned out.   Oakland did what they were supposed to do.   They won.   LA easily won the first half but Oakland took the second with gut and determination.   The long James run in the second half was wrong defensive call and right offensive call.  Right before the snap every linebacker sucked down to the center of the line and the defense crashed in and the hand off was off left tackle.   He just bounced outside and dodged one guy and was off to the races.   

The LA team is VERY impressive.   Serious D1 talent on that squad.   Love the qb.   Big tough kid that's tough to get down.   If he scrambles and runs, he's getting yards almost every time.  Big accurate arm.  Also very impressed with the running back.   Extremely fast and very elusive.   He's making 2-3 guys miss almost every carry.   Defensively very tough and well disciplined.   

Glad I got to experience this game.   It certainly lived up to the hype.   I  hope Oakland and LA will get better from this.   Don't see LA losing another one this year.   

I believe Blackman is next. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

My thoughts on LA and the game.   We know how it turned out.   Oakland did what they were supposed to do.   They won.   LA easily won the first half but Oakland took the second with gut and determination.   The long James run in the second half was wrong defensive call and right offensive call.  Right before the snap every linebacker sucked down to the center of the line and the defense crashed in and the hand off was off left tackle.   He just bounced outside and dodged one guy and was off to the races.   

The LA team is VERY impressive.   Serious D1 talent on that squad.   Love the qb.   Big tough kid that's tough to get down.   If he scrambles and runs, he's getting yards almost every time.  Big accurate arm.  Also very impressed with the running back.   Extremely fast and very elusive.   He's making 2-3 guys miss almost every carry.   Defensively very tough and well disciplined.   

Glad I got to experience this game.   It certainly lived up to the hype.   I  hope Oakland and LA will get better from this.   Don't see LA losing another one this year.   

I believe Blackman is next. 

Oakland caught on a break on that lateral aka incomplete pass. It would have been 28-14 but oh well 

5 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

Oakland caught on a break on that lateral aka incomplete pass. It would have been 28-14 but oh well 

Looked like a lateral to me as well.   I was on the 50 and although I couldn't see it straight on because it was somewhere around the 40 it looked backwards to me.   Maybe lucky break or maybe correct call.   Either way. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

I was at the game. Lipscomb was a lot bigger than Oakland. Oakland O line couldn't get a push, which is not like them. DL ran 68 plays for 371 yards. Oakland ran 36 for 277. 75 yards was the long run for James. Dilfer had a great game plan. Ran a ton of misdirection in the first quarter. Pulled guards one way but ran the opposite way. Next quarter switched to power. LBs didn't know which keys to follow which slowed them down a step. 2 plays won the game for Oakland, the strip and score and James 75 yard run. 

I’m just basing this off videos posted on Twitter, but Oakland’s o-line got plenty of push when it mattered, on the score and 2 pt play, and also on the QB sneak

8 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

It was a team win.    Not a 2 play win.  Go Patriots

17 minutes ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

It was a team win.    Not a 2 play win.  Go Patriots

Totally agree.  Lipscomb was chewing up clock. They had the ball for over 10 minutes in the third quarter.  Those two plays that I mentioned took no time off of the clock and netted 14 points points for Oakland.